 Administrative / General / 12492
Re: Suspension of Chris Magno and Terry P
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 2005 17:04:14 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.admin.general, David Koudys wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
   Why indefinite for Chris and 24 hours for Larry?

“I never meant “indefinate” to mean “permanent” - rather, “suspended currently, for how long to be decided upon later.””

From this post.

I am not going to discuss this anymore. The Admins have made their decision.

Thank you for your thoughtful responce.

-Lenny

Bush made the decision to invade Iraq. No further scrutiny needed.

Not that I’m one for ‘low blows’, but Lenny, are you listening to what you’re saying?

Seriously, what you’re in fact saying is if we have a problem with the king, we have zero recourse.

K, not king, but from my poli-sci class--

3 systems--

Monarchy - 1 ruler

Aristocracy - Few people rule

Democracy - ‘People rule’

But wait--there’s the ‘bad side’...

Tyranny - 1 ruler being bad to his people

Oligarchy - Few people ruling, treating the ‘common people’ badly

Oh, and Democracy - ‘Mob Rule’

Right now we’re, in my mind, looking at an oligarchy, and it’s a little scary, in my little humble opinion.

But ‘tis your playground. I was going to throw out a Scotty quote, but I’ll leave it there.

Dave K -Excelsior?? Why in heavens name would you want that bucket o’ bolts...

I really don’t think dragging contemporary politics into this discussion is going to be very productive.

Actually, LUGNET is supposed to be an oligarchy (for a while at least) - see Todd’s post “Taking LUGNET to the next level” from February 2004:

      I want to take LUGNET through a two-part transition, essentially
      metamorphising it first from a monarchy into an oligarchy, and then from
      an oligarchy into the analagous online form of a representational
      democracy or a constitutional republic.

Perhaps the time has come to make the admins more accountable. I think having elected admins would cut down on a lot of the frustration some of us are feeling. The answer to the question “What do we do about a bad admin?” would be “Vote him out next election!”

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations