 Administrative / General / 12402
Re: Suspension of Chris Magno and Terry P
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 01:04:00 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
   I object. Chris withdrew is contest out of respect for lugnet.

Not entirely true. Chris withdrew his contest out of respect for Todd - which shows that Chris does not respect Todd’s choices in who Todd has elevated to Admin status.

   I do think there are problems with the rules and their administration by some of the admins. I believe that both are workable while reenstating the respectful tone that we all used to use.

Was this a group vote? Was it unanimous?

It followed the established process for suspensions. An Admin proposed the suspension with a given amount of time (in this case, indefinite) and another Admin concurred. In the interest of speed, no formal vote was taken.

The Admins have been discussing this entire thread during these past few days.

   What was the point of asking Chris to remove his contest when you already planned to kick him out?

We did not kick him out (which would be called ‘banning’), we suspended him indefinately. The difference is this: I hope that Chris will return at some future moment in time. The terms of what it will take to allow Chris to return have not been discussed at this moment in time.

   I respectfully object to this action. If sanctions are going to be handed down then let them be handed down to all parties. This issue is *not* one sided.

Thank you for the note of your objection.

Suspensions will not be made on a “all parties” basis - each individual is responce for maintaining an air of civility and respectfulness to all other individuals. There is nothing that removes this obligation from the individual.

Chris was not suspended for his actions in a particular ‘issue’ - but for a gross and unacceptable insult to a fellow Lugnet member.

-Lenny Hoffman
Lugnet Admin
Member #1168