 Administrative / General / 12484
Re: Suspend me as well (was Susp. of Chris and Terry)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 2005 07:21:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin Wilson wrote:
David Koudys wrote in message ...
In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
I feel that it contradicts this portion of the ToU:

{1. (do not) Restrict or inhibit any other user from using the discussion
groups.}

Oh My Goodness--so anything that happens on another website but pertains to
someone who posts on LUGNET can get you 'timed out' from LUGNET?  Is this an
unstated-but-official policy?  So if I  were to post something in my blog at
Sparky's Space about my issues with, say Calum, I could get timed out?

Not "anything that happens on another website but pertains to someone who
posts on LUGNET". This was specifically aimed at getting multiple people to
harass someone (doesn't matter that it was Larry) into leaving LUGNET.
That's trying to inhibit a user from using the discussion groups, IMO.

"Trying", yes. But the ToU cited does not mention anything about "trying". Nor
should it.

ROSCO