 Administrative / General / 12426
Re: Suspension of Chris Magno and Terry P
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 04:22:45 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
   I object. Chris withdrew is contest out of respect for lugnet.

Not entirely true. Chris withdrew his contest out of respect for Todd - which shows that Chris does not respect Todd’s choices in who Todd has elevated to Admin status.

Is it required?

It is required that all other members be respected. Those who have volunteered to give their time and efforts to the better good, especially.

You require is completely unreasonable. Good luck enforcing it.

What is required is that people be treated with respect, which is not the same as having respect for them.

Perhaps I should word my responce differently. To me, treating someone with respect is essentially the same as respecting them. Regardless, treat everyone with respect.

Yes, I have been and will continue to do so.

I view them very differently. Maybe its just me.

snip

So where is the line? That is the question we’re trying to get answered. It is inconsistantly applied and sometimes it looks like it is abused as a power play. IMHO Larry has been flagrant even if you ignore the canceled post. Just look at his follow up post.

How exactly do we define when someone is being excessively aggressive and when they aren’t? We have debates here all the time, and often they get heated. Sarcasm is often used. It is difficult to seperate mean spirited attacks from rhetorical devices. These are subjective issues and inconsistency is going to creep up.

To a large degree, this entire incident is helping to establish where that line is.

Is the line the same for Admins, or are they held to a higher standard?

   Your objections have been noted. Thank you for your input on this evolving process.

-Lenny Hoffman
Member #1168

Lenny, thanks for hearing my words.

Kevin

Heh. I’ve been sitting at my PC hitting re-load every three or four minutes just to see how people are going to respond to me. Anyway, thanks for the ‘thanks’

Me too, but it is nap time. Have a good evening, and thanks for your considerate responses.

-Lenny

Kevin