 Publishing / 1534
Re: Announcing Brickshelf.com Gallery for everyone!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 23:55:55 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Kevin Loch writes:
So, you plan to generate minifigs using the scans I did? (!)
I will not give permission to republish images taken from my site. See fine
print on the site:

Absolutely not!  I never said that!  In fact what I said is that I planned
to use my scans.  I think you are confusing my plan of allowing users to
select from specific minifigs and your minifig generator (clearly two
different functions).  And when I asked Todd to generate the 500 figs for
me I had assumed that they were renderings, generated on the fly, not your
scans (that's the way they looked to me).  The fact that (I thought) they
were rendered was why I figured they would be better quality than scans.
Please read what I say carefully before you accuse me of trying to steal
something.

I think she misunderstood what you meant.  She'd been up most of the night
packing for a 6:45 a.m. train and had logged in quick just to check mail,
etc. and probably wasn't expecting to encounter anything out of the ordinary.
Probably read the message with a bit of haste and/or panic...

Apologies.

--Todd