 Publishing / 1521
Re: Announcing Brickshelf.com Gallery for everyone!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 11:09:44 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
I see that my being unable to work has had some more consequences. I can't
say I'm unaffected by this conversation. Being discharged from hospital
only yesterday, and now leaving for ToyFair on Sunday, there won't be
much I can say here or do.  [...]
TLC's actions would not stop me from adding this feature to our site.

In lugnet.publish, Kevin Loch writes:
I knew there would be some interesting issues around the whole minifig thing.

I would like to know exactly what you expected. Particularly, how I would feel
(as you are replying to my message here). I only posted to this thread because
"the whole minifig thing" is quite personal to me.

To be clear I *did* get the idea from Suzanne's minifig generator,
not the Mindstorms site.

To be clear, where you took the idea from was not the issue.

However.... I never planned to have an interactive generator, rather just
a selection of (say 50-100) scans.  Since todd demonstrated how easy it is
to generate a large number of quality renderings, That would generate
better results than the scans (assuming he let me use them).

So, you plan to generate minifigs using the scans I did? (!)
I will not give permission to republish images taken from my site. See fine
print on the site:

"The Minifig Generator was created by Suzanne D. Rich  © 1997. LEGO® is a
trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or
endorse this site. Images of LEGO® brand products found here, although recorded
by Suzanne D. Rich, still remain part of the LEGO Group's trademarked visual
identity. Suzanne D. Rich can not grant permission for any such images to be
downloaded or linked to. They may NOT be republished without permission from the
LEGO Group. Please help to keep their trademarks strong. Read and heed the LEGO
Group's Fair Play document."

Not to mention the weeks of work I put into those images. They are not straight
scans. They were carefully adjusted in Adobe Photoshop to be precisely matching
in size, color and proportions.

I have to catch a train now.

-Suz.