 Announcements / BrickShelf™ / 44
Subject:
Announcing Brickshelf.com Gallery for everyone!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.brickshelf
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 18:16:04 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

After seeing how popular the gallery section is at Brickshelf, I wondered
how other people could display their work.  The solution is to allow
users to create accounts and upload it themselves!

After about a week and a half of coding, and a day or two of alpha
testing, I am pleased to announce that the BrickShelf.com Gallery is now
open to the public.

Feel free to upload (host) your MOC or other pictures of interest to
the LEGO fan community:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi

Keep in mind that this is still buggy beta code, and anything can break.
Also note that only the most essential features are in place now, and
many, many features will be added soon.

Note:

when linkinking to your folders, you can specify the path or
the cgi arguments.

for example:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kl/Campus/
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin?f=42
both go to the same place.

Enjoy!

KL

Re: Announcing Brickshelf.com Gallery for everyone!
In lugnet.announce.brickshelf, Kevin Loch writes:
[...]

Oops, that should have been

KL

Re: Announcing Brickshelf.com Gallery for everyone!
In lugnet.announce.brickshelf, Kevin Loch writes:
After seeing how popular the gallery section is at Brickshelf, I wondered
how other people could display their work.  The solution is to allow
users to create accounts and upload it themselves!

Cool.

What are your ToS?

That is...

How will you enforce against people uploading non Lego stuff?
How will you enforce against (or do you care about) people using it as a site
to host auction listing support pictures, etc?

(I haven't went and looked, maybe you have a FAQ that addresses this all...)

This is really swell! Thanks

++Lar

Re: Announcing Brickshelf.com Gallery for everyone!
In lugnet.publish, Larry Pieniazek writes:
What are your ToS?

http://www.brickshelf.com/terms.html
That is...

How will you enforce against people uploading non Lego stuff?

several "moderators" with the delete function.

How will you enforce against (or do you care about) people using it as a site
to host auction listing support pictures, etc?

I would encourage people to use it as an auction support site, as long
as the content doesn't violate the TOS.

(I haven't went and looked, maybe you have a FAQ that addresses this all...)

This is really swell! Thanks

++Lar

Re: Announcing Brickshelf.com Gallery for everyone!
In lugnet.publish, Larry Pieniazek writes:

How will you enforce against people uploading non Lego stuff?

several "moderators" with the delete function.

What is your stance on Lego clone instruction scans?

Re: Announcing Brickshelf.com Gallery for everyone!