 Publishing / 1488
Re: Announcing Brickshelf.com Gallery for everyone!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:17:24 GMT

Hi Kevin,

I tried to register, but kept running into a problem.  I input all of my
information, but ended up getting an error message stating I had used
something beyond  the permissible characters [A-Z],[a-z],[0-9], etc- yet I
wasn't using anything taboo.  Any thoughts?

shaun

Kevin Loch wrote:

After seeing how popular the gallery section is at Brickshelf, I wondered
how other people could display their work.  The solution is to allow
users to create accounts and upload it themselves!

After about a week and a half of coding, and a day or two of alpha
testing, I am pleased to announce that the BrickShelf.com Gallery is now
open to the public.

Feel free to upload (host) your MOC or other pictures of interest to
the LEGO fan community:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi

Keep in mind that this is still buggy beta code, and anything can break.
Also note that only the most essential features are in place now, and
many, many features will be added soon.

Note:

when linkinking to your folders, you can specify the path or
the cgi arguments.

for example:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kl/Campus/
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin?f=42