 Off-Topic / Debate / 7921
Re: My ideas - Space, Castle, etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 21:32:11 GMT

There are also debates on whether the oil is FROM plants and animals.  The
argument is that the oil reserves VASTLY outweigh the possible biomass from the
past.

There is a good argument for petroleum simply FORMING from various chemicals,
just like the Soup Of Life did (DON'T EVEN drag Religion into that statement!).

Jason wrote:

What does being a vegetarian have to do with feeling gulity about Shell sets
and ABS plastic? The oil those two use is from creatures that died several
hundred thousand years before humans even walked the planet.

BTW, hemp makes TERRIBLE clothing, IMO.

Jason

In lugnet.lego.direct, Thomas Main writes:

Being a vegetarian, I would not want TLC associated with leather jacket
making.  I feel guilty enough about really liking the McDonald's sets,
the Shell Oil promotional sets, and for that matter...the ABS itself :)
How about a hemp jacket? ;)

f.u.t. debate

--
Thomas Main