 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2025
Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 18:45:56 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:
Just a bit short of 3 months since this announcement.  Anything going on
here at Lugnet or Lego Direct regarding it?

Sheree (et. al),

We haven't forgotten about the idea at all. It is actually taking some time
to come up with a solution that:

1. Yields the high level of quality you expect from LEGO and we expect from
ourselves

2. Meets a reasonable price tag, not for us, but for your pocket book.
Remember if our price is $20 per shirt, we would obviously have to price
them at least that cost, which is obviously too much.

3. Meets the fulfillment needs and requirements as would any product.

We haven't forgotten about you, it is just taking some time to put all the
pieces together.

Hope this helps!

Jake

From what I gather then, Brad had this idea, called me at home about it, and
then, in person, asked Todd and me to go ahead and announce this good news to
the community (only wanting to pre-read our announcement, I believe) -- before
his even knowing how or if it could be done. (?)

I certainly never expected this 3-plus month long solution search. I doubt Brad
did either. But this incident tells me a lot.

-Suz