 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1218
Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 15:18:07 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:
In lugnet.announce, Todd Lehman & Suzanne Rich writes:
Brad Justus of LEGO Direct approached us last week with a bold new idea:
He would like to allow the community to design its own collection of LEGO
branded items, to be sold online by The LEGO Company through a third party
such as CafePress.com, with the proceeds being donated to to LUGNET.

<snip>

--Todd & Suz

p.s.  Brad also said that if things went well with T-shirts, other
special items such as coffee mugs and/or mousepads may be a possibility.

I would love some Posters. Just think of the ones from the United Nations...
The possibilities are endless.  History of a theme, History of an element,
Figure evolution....  Photos!  Drawings!  Blueprints!   3-D! (and glasses
accompany the poster)....  Maybe some edgy sort of stuff!    Poster of the
month club?  Ok maybe that would be a bit much, but 4 a year might work.
I'd sign up for a subscription.  Preorder before production with a limited
number of over-runs to be sold at a slightly higher price.   Voting to
determine what the next poster subject  would be and then contests with
voting to determine the actual poster from those submited.

Bumper stickers?

Yeah, "My other car is made of Legos"

-Darrell

Maybe some *official* custom stickers/decals for bricks or a booklet of most
desired ones from the past....

I know nothing of printing costs of these sorts of item.  Cost of production
vs income generated??????? At least one size would fit all :-)

Are paper items an area TLC would sanction?  Would anyone besides me be
interested in these sort of items?

sheree