 Announcements / 863
862  |  864
Subject:
Community to design new LEGO T-shirts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.publish, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 18:25:10 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Brad Justus of LEGO Direct approached us last week with a bold new idea:
He would like to allow the community to design its own collection of LEGO
branded items, to be sold online by The LEGO Company through a third party
such as CafePress.com, with the proceeds being donated to to LUGNET.

Thus, subject to approval by TLC, shirt designs could use certain LEGO
trademarks -- for example, the prominent display of a mini-figure or,
perhaps, a Wolfpack or Blacktron logo.  As the idea stands right now,
it's pretty open-ended.

If this sounds good to you (it does to us!), there will obviously be many
logistical details to work out, but it's not too early to start thinking
about designs.

Details to work out include:  how submissions would be presented to TLC
for approval, how much involvement or feedback there would be from TLC
designers, where and how the items would be promoted, price points, etc.
This post is mainly to make the announcement and gauge interest.

--Todd & Suz

p.s.  Brad also said that if things went well with T-shirts, other
special items such as coffee mugs and/or mousepads may be a possibility.