 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2028
Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 21:47:49 GMT

Ahem, I have refrained from commenting on the T-shirt thread until now:-)
Actually, my business is designing and printing T-shirts, and so I would be
available to print lower runs (and bigger, for that matter) of certain designs
(with TLC's permission).

I have actually already printed some LEGO related tees already ("Leg Godt", "I read
LUGNET", Brickenrocker®, etc).  Embroidery is also a possibility.

-John

"Suzanne D. Rich" wrote:

LD-

If the usage of LEGO marks (as in torso concepts suggested) is a problem, please
just say so. I'm sure the community would have more great ideas.

Someone had suggested (don't remember who) just the classic smiley. I'd love a
shirt with just that exact pair of eyes and mouth on a yellow tee. That seems
less legally intrusive to me.

Or what about the really, really old graphics. Like the vintage LEGO guy wearing
overalls?

In lugnet.lego.direct, Marc Nelson, Jr. writes:
[...]
There are other good ideas for shirts (chronology of trains, LEGO slogans,
stud/brick designs), but I think the main emphasis should be on torsos. What
could be cooler than dressing up like your favorite minifig? Well, probably a
lot of things, but I'm a LEGO nerd, what do you want? Plus, they just look
good.

Another design suggestion would be to leave out a lot of words and captions and
stuff. Just the design is enough, along with a small square LEGO logo on the
sleeve or upper back, as suggested by Bram above.
[...]
(1): Castle torsos I would buy:
-Black Falcon logo on blue w/black sleeves
-Wolfpack logo on all-brown
-Crusaders (lion rampant) logo on red w/blue sleeves
-Forestmen shirt w/blue collar $ sleeves (no belt! - this would look dumb!)

(2): Space torsos I would buy:
-Classic Space in blue and black
-Futuron in blue
-M-Tron logo on red w/white sleeves

A Classic Space shirt would be great! so understated.

And I'd like that clever train line graphic on a blue tee  :-)

-Suz