 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1211
Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 02:12:52 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Todd Lehman & Suzanne Rich writes:
Brad Justus of LEGO Direct approached us last week with a bold new idea:
He would like to allow the community to design its own collection of LEGO
branded items, to be sold online by The LEGO Company through a third party
such as CafePress.com, with the proceeds being donated to to LUGNET.

<snip>

--Todd & Suz

p.s.  Brad also said that if things went well with T-shirts, other
special items such as coffee mugs and/or mousepads may be a possibility.

I would love some Posters. Just think of the ones from the United Nations...
The possibilities are endless.  History of a theme, History of an element,
Figure evolution....  Photos!  Drawings!  Blueprints!   3-D! (and glasses
accompany the poster)....  Maybe some edgy sort of stuff!    Poster of the
month club?  Ok maybe that would be a bit much, but 4 a year might work.
I'd sign up for a subscription.  Preorder before production with a limited
number of over-runs to be sold at a slightly higher price.   Voting to
determine what the next poster subject  would be and then contests with
voting to determine the actual poster from those submited.

Bumper stickers?

Maybe some *official* custom stickers/decals for bricks or a booklet of most
desired ones from the past....

I know nothing of printing costs of these sorts of item.  Cost of production
vs income generated??????? At least one size would fit all :-)

Are paper items an area TLC would sanction?  Would anyone besides me be
interested in these sort of items?

sheree