 Announcements / 863
  Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

Brad Justus of LEGO Direct approached us last week with a bold new idea: He would like to allow the community to design its own collection of LEGO branded items, to be sold online by The LEGO Company through a third party such as CafePress.com, with (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.publish, lugnet.admin.general) !!

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) How about making the T-shirt be *just* the torso (front and back), so that we can pretend we *are* the minifigs, not just picturing them. (Is that too subtle?) /Eric McC/ (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

Sounds like a great idea to me! I can think of several ideas I would be interested in (and several I wouldn't but I am sure others would). I vote for a Timmy Tee . Just a great big Timmy with Ball Cap and Green "T" Torso. Eric Kingsley (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Wow, complicated. So basically, all the LEGO Company would be doing is approving the designs and allowing CafePress and LUGNET to make some money off the products? Depending on the prices, I could definitely be interested. I'd like to see some (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

I like the idea! I've wanted shirts with the LEGO logo (as well as the logos for various themes) for quite a few years, so this is a great opportuninity. Joel (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Who would like to see a *Train* t-shirt? One suitable for wearing as a uniform for those doing Train shows and displays such as GATS. Would some thing like this be a possibility if enough are interested? Seems like it would provide income for (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) I like this idea. Make a lot of different designs to fit different themes (like 3 or 4 prominent logos per theme). And, as Bram said, the LEGO logo would be good, too...and let's not neglect the basic brick. Shirts with the basic 2x4 would be (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) I agree that it would be good to have shirts that can be worn to shows..I really like the idea of having a compilation of LEGO trains through time..pick out a bunch of the trains and put them on the back. michael (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) That's really nice of them! I would like to see a classic space logo t-tshirt, like some people have made themselves in the past. Just the classic space logo, no minifig. Just like the classic space figs wear. Of course if these things are (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  RE: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Ooh, 2x4 would be nice...just a single small red 2x4 brick on the front of a solid black or white T...with a small LEGO logo on the back right under the collar... --Bram Bram Lambrecht BXL34@po.cwru.edu (URL) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

In lugnet.lego.direct, Kevin Loch schreef: (...) Yeah, I'll second that! I just missd the Classic Spaceman T-shirts. Classic Space rocks! But the plain good ol' 2x4 would be nice too. What sizes would these T-shirts come in? Adult or child? Mark "at (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Oh yeah, and a shrit with this on the back would be cool: (URL) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Hmmm, interesting. I wouldn't go with Cafepress, however, because they don't offer shirts in any color but white and gray, and even then, they only offer the printable area of 8x10 on the front (not sure about the back). One of the most common (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Yeah, I'd defintely buy one of those. I'd also buy a shirt with just the classic space minifig. (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Would ThinkGeek do a similar kind of deal? KL (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

One shirt I'd LOVE to see - Studs. If you've ever been to LLC or some of the LICs/Outlets, you've probably seen the kids shirts in primary colors, with the stud outlines and LEGO logo in white. They don't make them in adult sizes. I WANT them in (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

I think there are lots of good ideas that have already been suggested, and it's still in the first hour of the announcement! Personally, I like the idea of a 2x4 (please, NOT a red brick!) and the small LEGO logo beneath the collar, and a large (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

Yes! I spent quite a while browsing the gift shops at Legoland California looking for a shirt and couldn't find anything between boring little Legoland logos (which I ended up buying) and big, obnoxious theme-specific designs that (theoretically) (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Excellent idea. I'm curious about the logistics, because this seems like one of the things that could be done well, or could be done very badly. I imagine (and would expect) that fans would submit designs (through Lugnet?) and they would have (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

Would like to see Star Wars Lego Classic and Episode 1 Logo T-shirts (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) My guess is that those would be a *problem* in that they get into LEGO licences with 3rd parties (Lucas Films in this case). I would bet we wouldn't be able to do those. Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Why not have submissions be the same or related to the "Cool LEGO Site of the Week" contests? The community (which would be the ones doing the purchasing) would get to choose which design to produce. Sub scenario 1: Every (4 weeks | duration (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Why not have submissions be the same or related to the "Cool LEGO Site of the Week" contests? The community (which would be the ones doing the purchasing) would get to choose which design to produce. Sub scenario 1: Every (1 month | 4 weeks), (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) to help promote this project. I can submit my own work or help create final versions of the approved design. If Lego doesn't/cant supply the stuff we need then I can build it from scratch. I never saw the classic space shirt but it sounds (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Hmmmm... a long sleeve blue T-shirt with a Black Falcon logo... *Drool* =) I could also go for one of each of the other castle sub-themes, just the logos on the corresponding colored T's. I hope if this ever works itself out we can have the (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

I would LOVE to see a black falcons tshirt. (23 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) I hate to reply to myself, but here is a suggestion others have mentioned. I made this in about an hour. It also makes an excellent background. It's 1024x768 and about 10k. (URL) King darrellk@pixelmonkey.net (URL) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) <snip> (...) I would love some Posters. Just think of the ones from the United Nations... The possibilities are endless. History of a theme, History of an element, Figure evolution.... Photos! Drawings! Blueprints! 3-D! (and glasses accompany (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) over the years. "The World of Lego Toys" covers this in a little depth. The 956 page *is* cool, but it'd be a real shame if there weren't some others, too. I personally would suggest the final image of the 8480 Space Shuttle instructions, (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

In article <G4Gn2J.95H@lugnet.com>, Tim Rueger <rueger@io.com> wrote: I would *just* love to have shirts with just the logos of Classic Space and Technic. ...and oh, what I'd do for a shirt with the Classic Space "Starship Voyager" on it!!!... (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) possibility. How about the "design" of bulk parts packs? I've said it before, but I'd love to see a really good castle expansion pack, with lots of basic grey bricks at a reasonable cost.... And yes, I know about the castle pack for 2001, but (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Todd and everyone, Whatever third party company we pick to print the shirts should have reasonable international shipping rates. Cafepress is way too expensive to ship even to Canada. Jude (23 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Yippeeeee!!! <Calm down right now! Ed.> (...) Has TLC considered that children role play as well as playing with Lego Bricks? Ie maybe lego could scale up some of the Minfig acessories? and do playsuits as well. (FUT otfftopic.debate on (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

Maybe down the line (pun intended!) also Lego branded engineers overalls & caps? You know, the ones with blue & white stripes... ROSCO (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Yeah, "My other car is made of Legos" -Darrell (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) "My other car is made of LEGO blocks." :) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse my other car. Jude :-) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) You'd need quite a bumper for that one! :T (23 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) "My other car is made of LEGO® blocks." :-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

What's on the shirt I don't really care, but if given a choice a 2x4 brick, classic space logo, or the Lego logo would be cool. What I do really care about is size and style. XXL, cause some of us aren't what you'd call thin. And a POLO shirt would (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) <snip> (...) I would like to see posters of LEGO-modified artwork such as some of the examples that appear at the end of LEGO Island. Maggie C. (23 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Just tossing in my ideas for the procedural stuff. Have an LUGNET email address set up specifically for design submissions. Submissions should be supported with art where possible. If not possible, then volunteers could be tasked with turning (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) snip.... Given that most of us may have a fondness for themes that are no longer marketed, I hope that TLC doesn't mind retro. Put me down for a half dozen XXL black tees with a foot-tall Blacktron I minfig on them with a space background. If (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) I'm allowing myself to be moderately excited about this, but only moderately. I'll be very excited if we find out that we can order shirts to fit all sizes, not just S-XL. I can wear a XXL, but I prefer XXXL for comfort and to combat (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Ice" <icestorm@inwave.com> wrote in message news:3A213CC9.FE25E3...ave.com... (...) they (...) small (...) The LUGNET T-Shirts are also available in adult oversize (XXL and bigger), see: (URL) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) I like the idea too. Dress up like our favorite minifig. For those close to us who suspect we may need counseling, this would remove all doubts. :) Mark (23 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

Mike Stanley wrote: snip... (...) When I looked through the selection, XL was the largest, which was too small for me. Some XL's fit, but to be safe I go the next size up. Would have liked a couple of those Lugnet tees too. :( Mark (23 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Initially, they only went up to adult XL, but now they go up to adult XXXXL. --Todd (23 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) That's one possible extreme. Another extreme might be LEGO Direct soliciting sentence-based suggestions (that is, not actual pictures or mock-ups) and then selecting and designing a small set of shirts based on the suggestions. My (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) I'm not sure if they're "set" on CafePress.com -- but Brad did specifically mention it. Out of curiosity, do you know of other shirt places online that do 100% of the post-design work (taking the orders, taking the money, printing the goods, (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) I believe that LEGO Direct wants to "own" the accounts wherever they choose to sell the shirts through (i.e., they keep the password to the account and they receive all the cheques at their own mailing address). That way, (1) they know all the (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) I would expect that LEGO Direct will want to pick the company who prints and ships the shirts. If you know of alternatives to CafePress.com, be sure to let Brad Justus know! --Todd (23 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Well, we could set up a special newsgroup/mailing list if that would be helpful. A email address at lugnet.com for design submissions would kinda be a bottleneck, plus I won't really be getting involved in this except to set up an order page (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Yes! A MindStorms shirt would be cool as well, even if it just had the programmable brick amidst the "MINDSTORMS" storm background that is used on the RIS box. -Peter (23 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) A shirt duplicating one of the train torsos would be ever so cool! Frank (23 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Hmmm, I spend a lot of my time in T-Shirts because I spend a lot of time at work (actually, these days, I almost never wear anything but T-Shirts [well, pants, socks, underwear, and shoes also...) FUT: lugnet.off-topic.fun Frank (23 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) That's probably a good idea. That way it allows for some group discussion (some good, some bad) about what's going on with the design ideas. (...) Wow, I don't think I've seen those shirt pages before. But yeah, that's exactly the idea I had (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  My ideas - Space, Castle, etc.

Wow! This is a long thread! Guess that means there's some interest, huh? Pardon me if some of this stuff has been suggested already. I'd like to see the following: Classic Space t-shirts exactly like the ones Mark made. They were super cool! Two (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: My ideas - Space, Castle, etc.

(...) Yes, yes, YES, YES, YES!!!!! Oh man, I would LOVE to see a nice black leather jacket with a Classic Space logo on the back! Please make it a nice, trendy straight-cut style. No elastic waist, please! MmmMMmMMmmm... leather jacket. ~Mark (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: My ideas - Space, Castle, etc.

Mark Sandlin wrote in message ... (...) Space (...) Nice idea, but.... I'd rather have a LEGO patch to put on my existing jacket. I have an emotional investment in the leather jacket I already have! Kevin (23 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: My ideas - Space, Castle, etc.

(...) Being a vegetarian, I would not want TLC associated with leather jacket making. I feel guilty enough about really liking the McDonald's sets, the Shell Oil promotional sets, and for that matter...the ABS itself :) How about a hemp jacket? ;) (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: My ideas - Space, Castle, etc.

What does being a vegetarian have to do with feeling gulity about Shell sets and ABS plastic? The oil those two use is from creatures that died several hundred thousand years before humans even walked the planet. BTW, hemp makes TERRIBLE clothing, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My ideas - Space, Castle, etc.

(...) It may have more to do with the environmental destruction wrought by Dutch Royal Shell, mostly in the Arctic and in Africa. I'm more concerned about their activities from a human standpoint, but like most extractive industries, it's their (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My ideas - Space, Castle, etc.

(...) So, by your logic, it's ok for me to buy the jacket if I feel bad about it afterward? If not, then why do you keep buying LEGO if you truly feel bad about the ABS being a petroleum product? Is it ok or not? If you really sit down and think (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My ideas - Space, Castle, etc.

There are also debates on whether the oil is FROM plants and animals. The argument is that the oil reserves VASTLY outweigh the possible biomass from the past. There is a good argument for petroleum simply FORMING from various chemicals, just like (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My ideas - Space, Castle, etc.

(...) Ditto - all 3 of our cats were rescued. Doesn't stop me from being a Near Carnivore, though ;-) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (23 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My ideas - Space, Castle, etc.

(...) A "Near Carnivore?" What does that mean? You eat *near* animals? ;) (Actually, if you have three cats, that's probably true too.) best LFB (23 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My ideas - Space, Castle, etc.

(...) It's perfectly ok for you to buy the jacket and not feel guilty about it. It is not ok for me to buy the jacket at all. Moral relavitism, but with some self-created absolute boundaries. Is Lego ok? Yes, because I also drive a car and use (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My ideas - Space, Castle, etc.

I would have thought it was obvious - I eat meat whenever possible, and vastly prefer it to any greenery (though a steak without a potato is lacking a bit). ;-) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Just a bit short of 3 months since this announcement. Anything going on here at Lugnet or Lego Direct regarding it? sheree (23 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) I've been wondering that too. I'm not sure what LD's schedule is for the project. Brad Justus said that he'd like to do it and I offered to post about it for him after we met with him in November. It's LD's project and not something Suzanne or (...) (23 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) I've been wondering about this for a month now. LD's idea was such a kind gesture, it's really not my place to push it. I can say, I am personally saddened to see LD drop interest in their idea. They had sounded so excited about it when we met (...) (23 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Thank you for your response Todd and Suz. Nice to know someone's out there listening. It was not my intention to put you two on the spot. My question was more to Lego Direct and the general membership. The opportunity was given to all of us? (...) (23 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Sheree (et. al), We haven't forgotten about the idea at all. It is actually taking some time to come up with a solution that: 1. Yields the high level of quality you expect from LEGO and we expect from ourselves 2. Meets a reasonable price (...) (23 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G8tCMC.3MI@lugnet.com... (...) This past weekend I didn't hear anything about the T-shirts, in fact, I had forgotten about it myself. Yesterday I did email Brad though about doing some (...) (23 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Thank you Jake. Knowing that it is under development does help. While LD is working out production -Values?/ Costs?/ Quality control? , why not clue in Lugnet community as to the limits. What type of images/designs are permitable? I am in over (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Wow, you have to BUILD the shirts too? (: (My fiancee just saw the fine LEGO Watch Systems product and remarked "you even have to build the watch?!?" Well, yeah, that's the point...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) From what I gather then, Brad had this idea, called me at home about it, and then, in person, asked Todd and me to go ahead and announce this good news to the community (only wanting to pre-read our announcement, I believe) -- before his even (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Could you just contract out the shirts to whoever does them now? I mean the t-shirts and polos in the catalog and at outlets. I think I am more interested in having a say in the look of the shirts than how they are produced. As for high (...) (23 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

LD- If the usage of LEGO marks (as in torso concepts suggested) is a problem, please just say so. I'm sure the community would have more great ideas. Someone had suggested (don't remember who) just the classic smiley. I'd love a shirt with just that (...) (23 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

Ahem, I have refrained from commenting on the T-shirt thread until now:-) Actually, my business is designing and printing T-shirts, and so I would be available to print lower runs (and bigger, for that matter) of certain designs (with TLC's (...) (23 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Wonder how long it will take the LEGO lawyers to call you. Only took them two days to email me. (...) I'd love to have a black leather jacket with the Classic Space logo embroidered on it. ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) For what? Just to say "hi"? -John (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) It was a little more than that. (URL) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Yeah, what Eric said. In a nutshell, I undertook a grass roots effort to make some T's with Classic Space minifigs on them. LEGO contacted me and said "Quit it." That's about it. ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) Godt" on the front of a shirt, "Plays well with LEGO®", "Adult Fan Of LEGO®", "My dad has more LEGO® than your dad" (kid's shirt). That kind of thing. I have printed some Brickenrockerô shirts, but did obtain permission from the president of (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

(...) ...Oh man that would be great!!! I'm not much for leather jackets, but I'd get one for the logo... (and get a spare so I can rip the back off and just hang the logo on the wall :-) --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com www.sitcatsit.com <-- a guy and (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts

There has been a long-standing demand for cool, especially iconic, lego clothing, which TLG has unfortunately failed to provide us with (usually sporting just the TLG logo, or Johnny Thunder shirts, etc.). So far as I've seen, in biggest demand is (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"John Neal" <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message news:3A8EF184.FD00A9...est.net... (...) be (...) designs (...) Godt", "I read (...) At least ONE person on Lugnet didn't know that John! Do you have any left?? -Kieran Brady (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)