 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2040
Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 22:32:45 GMT

Lorbaat wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Neal writes:

Mark Sandlin wrote:

Wonder how long it will take the LEGO lawyers to call you. Only took them
two days to email me.

For what?  Just to say "hi"?

It was a little more than that.

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=808

Ah, well, you violated trade dress.  What I have done is mostly in print:  "Leg
Godt" on the front of a shirt, "Plays well with LEGO®", "Adult Fan Of LEGO®",
"My dad has more LEGO® than your dad" (kid's shirt).  That kind of thing.  I
have printed some Brickenrockerô shirts, but did obtain permission from the
president of the company first [1].

But even still, I think I did mention that even *if* I did print trademarked
images, I would of course obtain permission from TLC first:-)

-John

[1] There is some tongue-in-cheek going on with regard to Brickenrocker®, which
is the brainchild of Tommy McSpamcake:-)  Who knows, maybe I'll be hearing from
the lawyers representing Rickenbacker®;-)

eric