 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2061
Re: Community to design new LEGO T-shirts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 04:43:34 GMT

There has been a long-standing demand for cool, especially iconic, lego
clothing, which TLG has unfortunately failed to provide us with (usually
sporting just the TLG logo, or Johnny Thunder shirts, etc.). So far as I've
seen, in biggest demand is clothing with the classic space lego symbol - the
moon (detailed, with craters), with the ship circling it.

I am a professional graphic designer, I regularly work in print and putting
graphics on clothing, and have solid experience producing graphics for these
efforts. I'm seeking to obtain a high-resolution scan of the
full-size/fully-detailed classic space logo, and potentially other logos, for
conversion into EPS format for print on clothing.

Using the scan, I would like to produce:
- a 4-colour (CMYK) EPS version of the logo, and
- a 5-colour (CMYK + an additional print layer, such as the gold in the
space logo) EPS version

These would be for the benefit of the Lego community. If you guys are
serious about getting this type of Lego clothing, I can get you the
graphics, if someone is willing to help.

-Cid
comradecid@hotmail.com
(Want to take this discussion off-line?)

In lugnet.lego.direct, Mark Sandlin writes:
in article 3A8EF184.FD00A934@uswest.net, John Neal wrote:

Ahem, I have refrained from commenting on the T-shirt thread until now:-)
Actually, my business is designing and printing T-shirts, and so I would be
available to print lower runs (and bigger, for that matter) of certain designs
(with TLC's permission).

I have actually already printed some LEGO related tees already ("Leg Godt", "I
read LUGNET", Brickenrocker®, etc).

Wonder how long it will take the LEGO lawyers to call you. Only took them
two days to email me.

Embroidery is also a possibility.

I'd love to have a black leather jacket with the Classic Space logo
embroidered on it.

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head