 Off-Topic / Debate / 4174
Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 21:51:51 GMT

Scott E. Sanburn wrote:

To all,

        I am not the most articulate person in the world, but what Larry said
is dead on.

So are you saying that in Libertopia, the LEGO test for some people and
the SAT for others is ok (Larry said that using different tests for
different people and different schools is ok, both implicitly in this
most recent post, and more explicitly in another, now perhaps he meant
that each school must only use one test, not one for some people and
another for other people, but that's not what I read), but in today's
system it isn't? What makes it ok in Libertopia, but not ok in today's
system (and is there a difference between public universities and
private)?

Just trying to clarify what we're actually arguing about. I'm not sure
that we aren't just arguing about how we get from here to Libertopia. If
that's the issue, I think it might actually be beneficial for us to
actually have different areas move towards Libertopia in different ways,
it might help prevent some people from accidentally falling off the road
(because some of the things that people have argued as problems with
Libertopia are I think possible hazzards of the road, but not hazzards
once we get there).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com