 Off-Topic / Debate / 4112
Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 22:05:59 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Powell writes:

Note- Not all Conservatives do not favor innovations. I am VERY • conservative
but I am also open to hear new ideas, and to see the results of those ideas.

Rich, and every one else out there!...Conservative _IS_ exactly that, IE, not
all that forward looking.  You are by definition if you look to new ideas • _not_
a conservative.

It always strikes me as funny that here in Canada, one of the major political
parties is the _progressive_ conservatives, since to my mind, it is a
oximoronic statement...either you are progressive, or you are conservative.

(the party is so named because it was originally 2 different parties...)

James P

   Conservative-1, Tending to conserve 2, Tending to preserve established
institutions: opposed to change. This is the definition of the
word "conservative" that is given in the Websters New World Dictionary. I am a
conservative. But I am open to hear new ideas. I may not agree with them but i
am open to them. And I believe that most conservatives are open to hear new
ideas, because if they were not we would still be living without many of the
things that we have today. Yes, Conservatives can be progressive. But one of
the differences between Conservative and Liberals is that we only want change
when it is essential.
I also agree that something must be done to the current college entry exams,(
see that was progressive :)   ), but making the test how well you can remember
a Lego robot is not the solution. That just harms the more academically
intellgent people.

-Rich