 Off-Topic / Debate / 4120
Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 23:24:52 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Powell writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Rich Manzo writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kevin Loch writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Rich Manzo writes:
a Lego robot is not the solution. That just harms the more academically
intellgent people.

What exactly is an "academically intelligent" person?

What I ment by "academicallly intelligent" person was somebody who excels in
the traditional areas of academics, reading, writing, history etc. Not • someone
who can make the best duplicate of a Lego robot.

And a "academically intelligent" person is always the best person to solve a
problem?

What I  was stating in the initial message was that a Lego robot test would
harm the acadamically intelligent student. And it would. As have stated before
that does not mean that I am content with the current system. I admit that
changes must be made, but a Lego robot test will not do anything to change it,
all it would do is lower standards.

-Rich