 Off-Topic / Debate / 4139
Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 14:10:14 GMT

The snipper from heck strikes again...

Dave Schuler wrote:

Boy oh boy, for the most part, you just hit the nail right on the head.
Anyone asserting that college isn't a learning experience is using too narrow
a definition.  Almost invariably, one will learn about bureaucracy and
incompetence, form-filling and line-standing, as well as (one hopes) the
conventions of human interpersonal discourse.

You forgot advanced beer drinking, how to file previous year exams to
make them easy to find, why eggs are legal only at breakfast time, why
freshman lab students might want to jump their lab instructor, how to
chop the entire roof of a car off with a welding torch safely, why you
shouldn't move money into and out of bank accounts too many times in the
same week, how to tell if your brother has had too much to drink and
needs to be rushed to the hospital, which cruising routes are the most
scenic, teasing mynah birds for fun and profit, where the best bars in
your area are, how to make things out of slush, 3 uses for fire
extinguishers that have nothing to do with fire, 2 uses for corks that
have nothing to do with bottles, managing the finances of your
fraternity house, and fun things to do with chickens, among others...

  Good points!  I was pressed for time with my last post, so I didn't have the
chance to explore the subject further!  8^)

     Dave!