 General / 47645
Re: Jake did good?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 13:51:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Cary Clark wrote:
<snip>
Here are some outstanding issues that have never been addressed to my knowledge
by you or anyone else at LEGO. (Please forgive my igorance if I am wrong!)

- The 9V wheel sets. Starting with the Metroliner re-release, and most noticable
on the Santa Fe because of the increased weight of the cars, I have
inadvertantly purchased 100s of wheel sets that drag as the wheel bites into the
plastic. This was clearly a design defect. My questions for LEGO:

Has the design defect been identified and corrected?
Have the defective wheelsets been removed from inventory? (Both in manufacturing
and in the S@H service stock?)
Is there a policy for large buyers like myself to obtain replacements?

- The Santa Fe passenger car designs. Unless the 9V track is perfectly level,
the plates on the bottom of the cars will rub against the track.

Has the design defect been identified?
Have the instructions been altered or amended to work around this?

- The HP Knight Bus subject-that-may-not-be-named:

Is this truely acceptable quality in LEGOs eyes?
Can we expect similar variance in the future?
Do you see the same problem that I and many others do?

- Brick quality control

"Ben" Beneke has documented many problems with recent bricks, but most memorable
for me is this:

It shows two stacks of plates of different heights! Since Ben obtained the
malformed plates from Pick-A-Brick in Cologne, it suggests that Pick-A-Brick is
a dumping ground for out of spec parts.

Is this truely acceptable quality in LEGOs eyes?
Can we expect similar variance in the future?

---

Jake, I do not doubt that you work very, very hard. I also know that not one of
the problems I mention are in any way your fault. However, it would go miles
toward restoring my faith in LEGO to hear some progress on any of these
concerns.

If you or anyone else can point me to a thread that answers one or all of these
issues, then please accept my apologies. I'd love to know that even one of these
issues has been officially addressed.

Cary Clark

Spotlighted.  I would also like to hear some official response to the many valid
points raised in this post.  I hope it doesn't get lost in this thread.

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@myrealbox.com