 General / 47422
Re: Jake did good Thanks!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 23:01:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas Stangl wrote:
I have bought 23 2004 sets to date, and 20 of those had all bley instantly added to my
BL shop.  I only bought 22 of the 21 to get 11 of the 4695s!  If it were possible to
get the 4695 with 4755, as in Europe, I would have never have bought 22 of the 23
sets.

Well if anyone's keeping track, I've purchased ONE set (MINI Star Destroyer)
with the new colours so far.  It was cheap and for a specific part (ironic thing
is that the part was in new light grey).  Opening this set was so difficult -
not because it was a MISB classic - but because I just could not bear to witness
the new colours.  The set is still sitting on my desk, collecting dust, in the
original packaging, with only a pair of 8x4 wings removed.

Meanwhile, I don't have an exact count on how many pre-2003 sets I've purchased
from stores in 2004, but it's definitely many more than 1.  I've also spent
$300+ (80+ "sets") at S@H recently in an effort to stock up on the original 3
colours.

My monetary spending amounts may pale in comparison to Tom and others, but like
many others, if you compare my pre-2003 set purchases to 2004+ sets, you'll
notice a huge discrepancy.

-Bryan