 Color / 22
Re: Jake did good?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 02:12:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee wrote:
In lugnet.general, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:

I even do not agree with the former headline: Jake himself told he loves the new
grey and the pale minifigs. How can I suppose he did his best to work in the
interest of the fans of the "true" LEGO brick (1963-2003).

Wow. Not really sure how to respond to this. It took me quite a while to decide
whether or not to reply to this post, but it's hard not to take something like
this personally.

[snip]

Just because I'm telling you why the company did something doesn't mean I'm
being a corporate lackey. Just because I'm more than willing to have a
discussion about current events doesn't mean I'm trying to convince you your
opinion is wrong. Just because the color change wasn't reversed doesn't mean we
don't undertsand or that we weren't listening. And just because you can't see
what I do day to day doesn't mean that I'm not doing my level headed best to get
you what you need and ask for.

Well said, Jake. Thanks for your continued commitment to the community, despite
the fact that it is sometimes a thankless job. I'm behind you.

-Tim