 General / 47355
Re: Jake did good Thanks!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 15:45:31 GMT

In lugnet.general, J. Spencer Rezkalla wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Marc Nelson, Jr. wrote:

   If kids aren’t going to notice the color change, why not change it back, since they won’t notice that either? The only people who have noticed the color change are, by and large, not happy about it.

Why do kids have to actually note a color change between versions A & B for it to be a worthwhile product enhancement? Do most kids buy multiple copies of the same set and compare them? So what if the gray doesn’t quite match their older pieces? Is the effect on their (often rainbow warrior) building habits significantly altered?

Why not change old gray to pink then? You are saying that kids don’t care about color, but the color change was still an improvement?

   Lots of subtle color changes occur in products to increase their visual appeal. Those changes aren’t specifically advertised and consumers might not even consciously notice it. And yet the new product is visually superior to the old one. Customers may not be able to pinpoint exactly why they find the product more appealing because they are not out there doing side-by-side A versus B comparisons, but nevertheless the effect is tangible and important.

I’m really not buying that the subtle, subliminal appeal of the new colors to kids will outweigh the very real disgust with the new colors from AFOLS.

   TLC has given us no evidence that there will be any increase in sales from kids to offset the loss in sales from even one AFOL, let alone thousands.

Why should they give us confidential sales data? Anything they give to us goes directly to MegaBloks too...

Why would MegaBloks want that data? They’ve been making bricks in the new gray for years.

Marc Nelson Jr.