 General / 47366
Re: Jake did good Thanks!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 16:43:00 GMT

In lugnet.general, Marc Nelson, Jr. wrote:

   In lugnet.general, J. Spencer Rezkalla wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Marc Nelson, Jr. wrote:

If kids aren’t going to notice the color change, why not change it back, since they won’t notice that either? The only people who have noticed the color change are, by and large, not happy about it.

Why do kids have to actually note a color change between versions A & B for it to be a worthwhile product enhancement? Do most kids buy multiple copies of the same set and compare them? So what if the gray doesn’t quite match their older pieces? Is the effect on their (often rainbow warrior) building habits significantly altered?

Why not change old gray to pink then? You are saying that kids don’t care about color, but the color change was still an improvement?

I didn’t say children don’t care about color or are incapable of noticing a color change. My response is to those who question: if the color change is really an improvement then why Lego doesn’t hype the color change to their target market in their advertising.

I’m simply speculating about the building priorities of children versus adults. There’s a difference between “Hey, these colors are a little different than my old ones. They look nice. I will adapt to them in my constructions” and “I don’t want any more Lego because they don’t match my old ones.”

Spencer