 General / 47408
Re: Jake did good Thanks!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 21:10:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Johannes Koehler wrote:

You are right, this term is highly questionable. I like building with LEGO
bricks and collecting LEGO sets. But I am not a "fan of LEGO" because -
following TLC's corporate identity statement on www.lego.com - "it is not
possible to separate our company from our brand". But I do not like the company.
I certainly don't.

Now that you mention it, that's just how I feel as well. The product is still
fantastic despite the poorly selected new shades of classic colors, but the
company can no longer be trusted to maintain any of the values that make the
lego system so wonderful. I think AFBLB is a better term for myself now - Adult
Fan of Building with Lego Bricks.

If I ever purchase a set at retail again it'll be with a bit of trepidation. Who
knows how long it'll be before the part geometry changes? I feel a little silly
saying that but, really, if they think it'll somehow increase sales then why
worry about how their customers feel?

Here's to hoping I'm just in a horrid mood and totally wrong!