 General / 47374
Re: Jake did good Thanks!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 17:29:10 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ted Michon wrote:
   someone else wrote(1)
   We can all keep ranting about how we don’t like it or we can realize the decision has been made and move on.

Actually, I’m not being that magnanamous. I don’t like the color change and if ranting or anything else might get it reversed I will rant.

Yep. If I thought ranting and carrying on would increase our influence in the company rather than diminish it, or would be likely to reverse the change, I’d be out there ranting too.

My point was rather that I can’t understand why people are questioning that TLC’s reasons as given by Jake are anything but the true reasons. And I certainly don’t approve of us giving Jake a harder time than we already do.

I have every reason to think that Jake’s unique position at TLC as an advocate for the serious LEGO builder (I personally dislike the term AFOL) is as much due to Jake working to get the company to create the position as to being selected for the job.

Agreed. Jake started out as in charge of some aspects of web development, NOT as a community liason guy... So I think you’re spot on in your speculation that Jake’s lobbying was at least in part responsible for the very existance of the role...

I agree with the part I snipped about not shooting the messenger (or not biting the hand that feeds us, in some ways) too...

1 - Ted, a favor please. Don’t snip attribution, it leads to accidental misquoting... Thanks!