 General / 47680
Re: Jake did good Thanks!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 23:56:53 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bryan Wong wrote:
In lugnet.general, Johannes Koehler wrote:
You are right, this term is highly questionable. I like building with LEGO
bricks and collecting LEGO sets. But I am not a "fan of LEGO" because -
following TLC's corporate identity statement on www.lego.com - "it is not
possible to separate our company from our brand". But I do not like the company.
I certainly don't.

I keep on agreeing with Jojo!  I've gone from being a supporter of the company
to merely a supporter of their product now (as a result of the colour change).

Well, glad to see i'm not alone (for a change...).

I agree 100% with you both (and with Ted Michon as well). This color change
might be not reversible (1). So will not be my feelings about TLC. I'm very
disappointed with this unexcusable color change. I trust in Jake still (and
appreciate his efforts very much!), but no longer in TLC.

Paulo Renato

(1) I strongly believe that if the part of the comunity that is *really* unhappy
with this colour change could manage to work together and stay firm to a boycot
or a similar strong measure to avoid new products, maybe this color change would
reverse. But as it is, (like people that don't - or didn't - like this change
already giving suggestions to bricks in the new colors, for instance) I think
that TLC has realised by now that a grand part of us follows the ancient lemma
"if you can't beat 'em, join 'em". (2)

(2) I'm not criticising no one. You do what you think is best for you. Of
Course. Also i'm not saying that i'd like to see everyone here agreeing with me.
I only wish that there could be a way for we to work a bit more in unisson in
important issues like this one. Like an old favorite of mine: "Together we
stand, divided we fall" (in 'Hey You' by Roger Waters/Pink Floyd).