 Color / 8
Re: Jake did good Thanks!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2004 20:36:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ted Michon wrote:

   We can all keep ranting about how we don’t like it or we can realize the decision has been made and move on.

Actually, I’m not being that magnanamous. I don’t like the color change and if ranting or anything else might get it reversed I will rant.

My point was rather that I can’t understand why people are questioning that TLC’s reasons as given by Jake are anything but the true reasons. And I certainly don’t approve of us giving Jake a harder time than we already do.

I have every reason to think that Jake’s unique position at TLC as an advocate for the serious LEGO builder (I personally dislike the term AFOL) is as much due to Jake working to get the company to create the position as to being selected for the job. It’s not a matter of not “shooting the messenger” but more of not shooting our best and only friend while he’s trying to help us.

-Ted

As much as I’d like to agree, I guess that if Jake likes the new color and the new Minifig flesh heads, then he should have asked for someone else to do the job, since he can’t defend an opinion he doesn’t share as well as his own position.

I’m not saying he should have resigned, but maybe he failed to make TLG truly understand just how terrible this decision was? Well, I think he failed to do it, since they didn’t take the time to listen to us properly. My point here is not about blaming Jake, but I do not necessarily think he did good. He did ok to make the decision stick and people here tame their opinion. that wasn’t my expectations.

Terry