 Color / 26
Re: Jake did good Thanks!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 04:41:33 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.color, Terry Prosper wrote:

As much as I’d like to agree, I guess that if Jake likes the new color and the new Minifig flesh heads, then he should have asked for someone else to do the job, since he can’t defend an opinion he doesn’t share as well as his own position.

OK...Terry, I don’t know if I’ve ever met you at a Fest, or talked to you anywhere or anything, but I’m going to say something here that if you have met me, you’ll know that I mean this with the utmost respect:

You’re either more emotional about this issue than Goldman’s mom was after I dumped her...or you’re an idiot. And I’m leaning towards the latter, but maybe you just really, really, really like tilting at windmills.

There is no reason that Jake can’t take feedback from the community and pass it on to his higher-ups even if he doesn’t share the same opinion. It’s called integrity. Now, maybe you think Jake lacks integrity. If so, well, that’s your opinion, so I can’t argue. But my opinion, which is based on all of the information I have about him--from talking to him in person, to reading his posts, to conducting pillow-talk with his mom--leads me to believe that he can represent our interests even if he doesn’t agree with them.

I’m just going to give you one example of what I’m talking about. Let’s say that Jake wanted the next Legend to be a train set--say, the Crocodile Engine (4551). But the majority of fans want something else. Do you think Jake would abuse his position to get 4551 made? Or would he pass along the actual desires of his constituency? (And yes, that’s a hypothetical situation. But I think it gets the point across.)

   I’m not saying he should have resigned, but maybe he failed to make TLG truly understand just how terrible this decision was? Well, I think he failed to do it, since they didn’t take the time to listen to us properly. My point here is not about blaming Jake, but I do not necessarily think he did good. He did ok to make the decision stick and people here tame their opinion. that wasn’t my expectations.

Even mentioning the idea of him resigning in this situation is laughable. And trust me, I’m sure Jake did just fine in making TLG understand how terrible you think this decision was.

I don’t like the new greys or minifig colors either, but you’ve voiced your concerns to Jake more than enough, just vote with your wallet (or purse) like the rest of us. (And yes, I’ve bought one 2004 set, but I had to have a Greedo. I’m sorry. I haven’t caved on anything else yet.)

Look, I know this is the harshest post I’ve ever written--and you should have read the first draft; I’ve gone back and deleted some of the things I had in here--and I know I come across as an arrogant a-hole, but seriously dude, you need to think about what you know about Jake and his motivations.

Derek

P.S.--I haven’t been this hot since...well...you all know the rest.