 Trains / 22363 (-100)
  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

Matthew Miller wrote in message ... (...) Ditto to both. I don't what YAFGTR (Yet Another Fan Group to Read), but if I have to, please PLEASE make it NNTP accessible. Take into account that the posting rate on LUGNET goes WAY down when NNTP is out (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) I'd rather see this new site point to Lugnet for the discussion forums. It's quite well done here, and there's little point in spreading everyone out. (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

Snippage (...) I agree. Why not make Lugnet the single point of contact for the LEGO fan base. We all come here any way. LEGOfan.net sounds redundant or am I missing something? Mike (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) <tongue-in-cheek> I'm sure LEGOFan.net will be at least as scrupulous about clone bricks as LEGO Magazine is.... </tongue-in-cheek> Steve (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

"BrikTrak.com" <rjmorton@AT4imprintNOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:Hsxwnq.1III@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) if (...) Having been down a similar path with ILTCO I can certainly appreciate the "getting launched" aspect of an effort such (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) SNIP (...) I'm not trying to be a wet towel, but I've always viewed LUGnet as the 'center portal' or 'hub' of the lego community--it functions as exactly that, AND a discussion site. Secondly, Lugnet already fits the "concept of a LEGO site (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) Well considering the name is LEGOfan.net, I somehow believe the answer is yes. :P Not that there couldn't be a seperate clone section though. --SteveR (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) I have to ask: Since Lego the company seems to be involved, does this central hub exclude the use of bricks manufactured by other companies? Don (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

Hi everyone, For some time now, a group of us have been discussing the concept of a LEGO site that the community could truly call its own-- community owned, designed, and operated. To this end, we have been endeavoring for more than half a year to (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

(...) Well actually this was just done by Brian Willams. Anybody who knows him knows he isn't afraid to modify parts and he's usually ahead of the game when it comes to electronics. Anyway what he did was put the RC board out of a RC technic car (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train poster

(...) Snip (...) Thanks for the info. My first guess would have been a brake but I certainly wasn't going to guess out loud... not with all the experts here. The background scene is a shot of Pryamid Mountain in Jasper National Park, Alberta. If you (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide GE C40-8W

Snippage (...) You are absolutely right. I had a hard time finding images for the right side of the loco. For some reason all of the pics I found were of the left side and I simply built the engine symetrical. I'll have to to a rebuild in the future (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide GE C40-8W

(...) anything more positive then the others have already said, however, as a former railroader I did notice something about the model that jumped right out at me. It might not be noticed by casual observers, but the area behind the cab is not the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Review and pictures from COLTC's GATS show last weekend

Hello LUGNET members, Last weekend COLTC put on our largest single display (25'x25') at our local GATS in Columbus Ohio. And it turned out great! We received our first official 1st place win during the GATS in Columbus. Hopefully a start of (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Train poster

(...) Frasier River gorge, then? (...) Handbrake, I believe. EVERYTHING (that might enter interchange service) has to have a handbrake, if I am not mistaken, even locomotives that normally are powered have that requirement. Why? Sometimes (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Train poster

I have updated my train poster and virtual MOCs on my web page. (URL) I was re-modeling the locomotive I included the wheel that I've noticed in the nose of an actual SD in the switchyard near the Westminster Quay. My question is: what is the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

Photos of the first stage (URL) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Posters, yes again

Convenient (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

(...) Sometimes my english, plays against me..... My idea was to use the metallic wheels of the motor in a standard boggie, for testing purposes, if this works, the following step was to make a copy of the wheels with a lathe, but Larry and Dean (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

(...) If you ar going to "sacrifice" a motor for the wheels, why not use its power pickups. Lester (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

(...) There are wifi stuff already out. G scale commonly uses radio control. The main issue is, of course, the battery... It's a pain in the butt... DCC works very well. It seems able to buffer a small amount of power to reduce brownouts by bad (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide GE C40-8W

(...) Actually the weighths were a pre-emptive strike. I figured with the length and height and the tight LEGO curves it would be best. Thanks for the feedback. Mike (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

(...) <snip> (...) I've thought about this and don't see any long term potential. Power pickup from tracks is one of the most challenging aspects of the model railroading. The lego solution is one of the best I've seen, LGB actually runs contacts on (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide GE C40-8W

Mike Kollross wrote: Wow... um... wow. That looks super. Did you really have problems with excessive roll? I know, silly question. If you didn't have problems with the center of gravity, then you wouldn't have added the weights. "I think it turned (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

You are right they are different. What I will do is to try and get someone to make a collar (like a ring) to put over the wheel in order to adjust it.The collar should be thin and of a conductive metal. Tomorrow I´ll have more news....keep you (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Posters, yes again

(...) Andrew, Do you mean the train posters created by Jeroen, (URL) , or some official posters put out by the LEGO® group? If you mean the former, then you can go to Jeroen's site. If you mean the latter, then I think you have to deal with iltco (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Official KK and HP 2004 pictures

(...) Hey, quick question. Any idea why ILTCO didn't get pictures of the subway car set? (URL) the one that seems most train-relevant at first glance. Bruce (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide GE C40-8W

(...) To Mike , Your train looks Great !! So many great details and building ideas. Are you going to Brickfest PDX ? I would love to see your train there. I have almost finished my new steam train .It's a 10 wide and 86 long,this includes the tender (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 wide GE C40-8W

(...) <snipped all the deep links> (...) Wow, that is just lovely. So many nice details, good shape, *love* the door in the nose... The use of the 1x4 wedge pieces for the (radiator?)(dynamic brake?) in the back is great, it matches the angle on the (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  8 wide GE C40-8W

My latest project. A GE C40-8W. While I was researching the loco I came across this pic on railpictures.net (URL) color scheme intrigued me so I did some digging. The locomotive shown started its life as a Conrail locomotive as part of a LMSX (Lease (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

(...) They are different and I'm sure you'd have to do some modding and remove the gear bit. It might work. The hard part would be making a brush that rubs on the wheel. But if it worked you could do the complete power pickup in one wheelset. And (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

(...) Will that work? I thought the wheels from the motor mounted differently... if it does, neato! (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Posters, yes again

"L. Andrew Reynolds" <andrew_reynolds@uhc.com> wrote in message news:Hso9MH.xwn@lugnet.com... (...) member? Unfortunately, you can't. The Train Posters were a collaborative effort between ILTCO and LTC and have been made available to ILTCO members (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

Well, I would like to test, maybe the next weekend, the metal wheels of the motor box in the standard boggie, and install something to make contact with the wheels to send energy to the car, if that idea works, I ask if someone can make the metal (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4.5v upgraded to 9v - ideas welcome.

Thanks also to Ralph! Chris (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4.5v upgraded to 9v - ideas welcome.

Hi Larry and Dean Thanks for the details guys. I think I will have to read the information from the webpages suggested before I begin soldering anything. But it is interesting to hear that basically anything is possible and that a solution to most (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4.5v upgraded to 9v - ideas welcome.

(...) Yes, I'm sure your right. I do plan on making up a page detailing my DCC related mods. But it's still too early to put it up as I'm still learning myself. :) Dean (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of COLTC at Columbus GATS

(...) Thanks! I've just posted (to town, and to loc.us.oh) more pics of the skyscrapers, including some pics of the inner structures of 3 of them. Paul (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.oh)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

(...) Gee, when I saw your name as a responder I was looking for some kind of big announcement here :) Chris (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4.5v upgraded to 9v - ideas welcome.

(...) It's probably good to say it anyway... some of us on here don't know what end of the soldering iron to pick up (ouch! did you know soldering paste is NOT a good burn salve?) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4.5v upgraded to 9v - ideas welcome.

(...) Well yes, that goes without saying. You need to protect your DCC function output from exceeding it's milliamp limit. With the Zenner it just makes your resistance required to be far less. As an example 50 ohms as apposed to 200 ohms. Dean (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

(...) Well that is currently the only way to pass power. But it's very inconvenient. Hence the call for something new. Dean (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: 4.5v upgraded to 9v - ideas welcome.

(...) Just remember to limit the current through the Zener diode when dropping the voltage... If you have a 12V supply and try to put a 9V zener without a dropping resistor, it will simply burn out. A zener diode is really a clamping device. Better (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

(...) If you modify the motor to pass the rail signals through to the power port on the top of the motor, can't you just use standard LEGO wires and connectors between the loco and the cars? Ralph (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4.5v upgraded to 9v - ideas welcome.

(...) I've done onboard RCX to modified train motor before. I had it read barcodes along the track to know what station to go to. (URL) motor now powers my DCC CN engine. One thing I would suggest is to get a 4.5 volt Zenner diode and put it in into (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

(...) This was my plan if I destroy any of my motors. I haven't done this yet though. Also the motor pack is just too large to be able to work into some cars. (...) I have a friends friend that might be able to copy the plastic wheel in a light (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Posters, yes again

(...) Hey, Although I do not have an answer to your question perhaps I can help. E-mail your question here... (URL) ... and see if they E-mail you back:] Sorry if I was no further help Happy Building Erik Bush (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The colors of.... hoppers???

(...) It's made of carbon lattice.... (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Posters, yes again

Hello... Can any one answer this? (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

(...) Consider also conductive paint on plastic wheels. It may not be a good permanent solution but would allow for experimentation before commissioning tooling to create metal wheels. (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  The colors of.... hoppers???

I hope I'm not stealing any thunder but... (URL) was dying laughing at some of these. Especially the trans white one. I guess I'm just easily amused. (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

Dean I'was thinking the same idea this weekend... I'm imagining several possibilities, that are: Motorless box (Ben's solutions).. (too expensive for a passanger car) Metal wheel in standard boggies,what you mentioned.. but we need to work in detail (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

In lugnet.trains, Dean Husby wrote: <snip> (...) I've tried removing the 9v motor from inside a 9v train motor. Works pretty well. Without the motor inside, it has a lot less friction. I'm currently using this technique to power the rails on my (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of COLTC at Columbus GATS

(...) Wow, those skyscrapers are huge, I love them! And the rest of the layout looks great too, super job. jt (21 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.oh)

  4.5v upgraded to 9v - ideas welcome.

I would like to say "hi" and introduce myself as a LEGO Train newbie. I only have the old 7720 set and a load of track. Each time I think of upgrading and buying a new train set LEGO releases something new, usually Star Wars, which catches my eye (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

I've been racking my brain trying to think of an easy way to get power from the track to a non motored car. For things like lights or movements etc. I think I have something that might work. If we take two standard wheels sets and replace one wheel (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of COLTC at Columbus GATS

(...) Thanks for the great pics, Troy! So who in the club is the Weezer fan? (URL) (back side) (URL) (front side) I think one of my favorite scenes (which COLTC has done a few times now) is the "sand dune/beach house" scene: (URL) (seaside) (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.oh)

  Re: Pictures of COLTC at Columbus GATS

(...) Wow, what a great job! I love the Huntington building and especially the Leveque Tower (amazing job on the detail.) I grew up in Columbus, and it's bringing back memories... Doug (21 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.oh)

  Pictures of COLTC at Columbus GATS

I've posted my pictures from today's GATS show in Columbus, OH. Central Ohio LEGO Train Club did an outstanding job on their display. (URL) of the subfolders have been moderated already and I suspect that the others will be soon as well. Troy (21 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.oh) !!

  Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

(...) From the article: "The longest power cable I've seen from LEGO is 1-meter in length." The longest I have is 3 meters. The LEGO dacta 9898 set has two such cables. Regards, Thomas (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

(...) I noticed in the above article there was the shameful hacking of a good LEGO connector cable. This is needless slaughter! I'm sure you guys have many 2x2 connectors just waiting to be harvested for a useful task! Inside each and every LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

(...) IndyLUG did essentially the same thing a while back. The one problem we had was that we used the really short wires from ZNAP sets, so we ended up with non-Lego wires on the tables and these bulky connectors that needed to be concealed (I (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  My first use of BBB wheels

If I understand the numbering terminology... Dave's 4-4-4 (URL) just received the wheels and kinda built this from memory. It works around the layout, but can't go too fast or falls off thru switches. Have a look and let me know what you think :) (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

(...) a standard 9v LEGO wire underneath it. This serves 2 purposes: It allows connection of a controller to test the polarity before soldering, by setting the controller and touching the wires to the conductors you can quickly see if polarity is (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

"Lewis Valentine" <lewis@nitorco.com> wrote in message news:Hso1E0.1wJE@lugnet.com... (...) Layouts (...) the (...) [ ... snipped ... ] This would make a good topic for an ILTCO article - care to write one? ILTCO Members can submit articles by (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Posters, yes again

How dose a LEGO® club get train posters from ILTCO® without being a member? I have tried to have our club registered, but was told that we need a website and more of a train presents in our club. Well we have 4 active members and all have very (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Official KK and HP 2004 pictures

I'm pretty excited about the Harry Potter sets. They are great for town, train and castle. 4753 is simply spiffy: (URL) the trains: (URL) this standard red or the new darker red? I'm hoping standard red for the train windows. And don't forget that (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Official KK and HP 2004 pictures

(...) XFUT to Trains... so that a subthread can get started, to talk about the new purple TRAIN windows in the Knight Bus (along with some other parts, I'm thinking there are enough parts there now to do a very creditable Orient Express-ish train if (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Attention rtlToronto members

(...) This is one of my creations. I think the grossest over use of motors I've ever come up with. :-) The panel is used to control switch positions on our 45 degree crossover. On this layout it was buried under Altenberg. Each switch was motorized (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

(...) I like Lewis' idea for two reasons: First, since he's only creating an extension of the normal LEGO wire system I can use standard track power connectors, thus elemenating the need for a hard wired piece of track. I know my luck and the wires (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

(...) Good article. I was working on a similar system for ngltc. But i did mine a little differently. My goals other than the obvious were Minimize the modification of lego parts. Keep the cost down. Compatibility. (ie we could use the same system (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

Nice article! I was able to do something similar, except I brought the wire in from underneath the track through the slots between the ties. I also have a very nice soldering iron and lots of experience with getting connections like this to work (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

A new article has been contributed the ITLCO web site. Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts by David 'Zonker' Harris of BayLTC. (URL) Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Train (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce.iltco, lugnet.trains) !

  ILTCO Article - Power Control Ideas for Public Display Layouts

A new article has been contributed the ITLCO web site. Power Control Ideas for Public Display Layouts by David 'Zonker' Harris of BayLTC. (URL) Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Train Club (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce.iltco, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Big Ben's trainwheels

(...) I thought about this for a while too... the best way is probably to sacrifice an old Technic axle, make a little aluminium bushing that slides right over the Technic axcle, put that into the chuck. Now put the wheels on the Technic axle and (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Big Ben's trainwheels

(...) Thank you. (...) Thank you for the kind words and feedback. The Big Ben Bricks 30.4 (mm) Flanged Driver has never been intended as a end-it-all solution for trains. When I started desiging these I quickly determined that a range of wheels is (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Attention rtlToronto members

Hey, I feel kinda weird asking this since I can usually reverse engineer anything I see on brickshelf but can someone please explain how this (2 URLs) works. I’m thinking about implementing something similar on a new yard and honestly I'm just (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My ISCC3 entry : Hengelo Bier

(...) I already had a glimpse of the boat at the Frechen gathering, which really is breathtaking. And please congratulate Jessica, her buildings look very good and perfectly fit the scene. -- Jan-Albert van Ree | (URL) Bier leeft!" (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Big Ben's trainwheels

(...) This is the image I posted to the "Big Ben Brick's Beta" mailing list: (URL) diameter of the wheel remains the same, by removing the flange using the blue line as a guide allows the flange of the wheels on either side to actually go *behind* (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Big Ben's trainwheels

(...) Hmmm that might work... Guess I need to take 2 to work tomorrow and put them up on the lathe for some rearranging :D One thing : did you just cut something to make the diameter smaller or did you also make the wheels "thinner" to keep the (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Big Ben's trainwheels

(...) Have you seen these wheels after they've been "de-flanged"? For a 2-10-0, you could use four wheels 'as is', and 6 that had been their flanges removed. This would allow you to shorten the frame considerably. I know Ben is working on a way to (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Big Ben's trainwheels

Well I got my set a few days ago and have been playing with them to see how well they fit in. First of all, quality is very good! Color matches almost perfectly, the Technic axle fits perfect, the hole for the Technic pin is also perfect size, all (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Transparent Black Hinge Panel 2 x 4 x 3 & 1/3

(...) If it ever does get made in trans-black, it will be part #44572, but if it had been made prior to last year, it would have been part #2582. Escape From Privet Drive was the last set released using the old finger-hinge version. Oddly enough, (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: TRAIN RIDE

(...) Neato Steve! We @ SCLTC have a FEW layout loop video's, including being a minifig as an 8wide train passes pulling 1/2 the layout's rolling stock, but I don't think they have been posted yet so I'll post to the group begging for them to be (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, FTX)

  Re: Transparent Black Hinge Panel 2 x 4 x 3 & 1/3

The part number in question would be 44572 if this part existed in Trans Black, which it currently does not. It's a new part that is only available in a couple of sets at the current time. Hopefully, we'll see more available in a wider variety of (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Transparent Black Hinge Panel 2 x 4 x 3 & 1/3

(...) It is most certainly a 3D model. I'm studying to be a professional at it and there are certain hallmarks about it that "give it away" for me, such as the shadows and lack of reflections in the windows. Stunning render, though. -- Mark Nelson (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Getting Started With LEGO Trains - it's almost here!

(...) Congratulations, Jake! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy! To everyone considering buying this book - I had the opportunity to review it during production. I highly recommend it for both new and experienced train enthusiasts, and I (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Transparent Black Hinge Panel 2 x 4 x 3 & 1/3

(...) Clifton: You may want to consider cross posting instead of multiple posting next time. This thread in trains and a parallel one in space ((URL) had the same set of followup question asked, the same answer by you pointing to the rendered model, (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space)

  Re: Transparent Black Hinge Panel 2 x 4 x 3 & 1/3

(...) and the other tools to make really great renderings, and his renderings often look a lot like the real thing. Hence, the window may not exist in that trans black color after all. If I am correct, this may be the first example of a rendering (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Getting Started With LEGO Trains - it's almost here!

After many months of hard work and waiting, my new book "Getting Started With LEGO Trains" is almost here! As we speak, the bulk of the books are on a ship on its way to San Francisco, and should arrive any time. I'll follow-up with a final release (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: Transparent Black Hinge Panel 2 x 4 x 3 & 1/3

(...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Transparent Black Hinge Panel 2 x 4 x 3 & 1/3

(...) The windows were used in a custom train car posted on BrickLink: (URL) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Transparent Black Hinge Panel 2 x 4 x 3 & 1/3

(...) Neither Peeron nor Bricklink list this part as existing in trans-black. (URL) you sure it's transparent black? Tim Strutt (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Transparent Black Hinge Panel 2 x 4 x 3 & 1/3

(...) That comes in the 4547 Club Car (and the re-released 10002) jt (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Transparent Black Hinge Panel 2 x 4 x 3 & 1/3

CAn anyone help me to idnetify what set the transparent black Hinge Panel 2 x 4 x 3 & 1/3 comes from? This may be part number (2582). (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogwarts as 9 V set

(...) $120...Yeah right. That's just a little too steep. I wonder if it comes with a speed regulator and/or any straight tracks. I would only consider buying it if it was on sale. Joe (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogwarts as 9 V set

(...) We had a non-9v on our Layout at GATS this last weekend. We could motorize it for a lot less than $120.00. I bought the set #4708 at the outlet store from Brickfest last year for $14.99 in a damaged box, but the set was perfect. (URL) GtwLUG (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogwarts as 9 V set

(...) My bad, I didn't know they were available in 4719 ((URL) ...never mind :) jt (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogwarts as 9 V set

(...) -Bryan (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogwarts as 9 V set

(...) hey, I think $120 is just a little steep for a train set that size but then again I paid $130 the Railway Express #: 4561. I also think that TLC upcharges a lot of things. maybe you can find it on E-bay later if you want if for a cheaper (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact