 Trains / 22351
Re: 8 wide GE C40-8W
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:36:53 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mike Kollross wrote:
My latest project.  A GE C40-8W.  While I was researching the loco I came across
this pic on railpictures.net

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=35357

This locomotive is great! I always liked the Conrail color scheme. I can't say
anything more positive then the others have already said, however, as a former
railroader I did notice something about the model that jumped right out at me.
It might not be noticed by casual observers, but the area behind the cab is not
the same on both sides of the locomotive.

The area behind the cab on the right side as seen in this picture I linked too
below should be built much lower. There is a door from the rear of the cab on
the engineer's side that leads to the walkway. The left side of the locomotive
as you built it, which is much higher then the walkway, looks correct.

Deep Links
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/Trains/Locomotives/8wide/8wide02.jpg

Here is a picture of what most of the locomotives of this type look like on the
right side:

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/cr/cr757arv.jpg

This isn't to say it's not a great model mind you, I still think it's really
cool!