 Trains / 22336
Re: 8 wide GE C40-8W
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:42:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mike Kollross wrote:
My latest project.  A GE C40-8W.  While I was researching the loco I came across
this pic on railpictures.net

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=35357

The color scheme intrigued me so I did some digging.

The locomotive shown started its life as a Conrail locomotive as part of a LMSX
(Lease Management Services) and General Electric joint lease program.
Originally the lease was for over 30 but the lease was reworked several times
and the final number kept was 12.  The lease is good until 2015 where the lease
can be reworked or the locos purchased outright.

Originally the locomotive was LMSX 739 before being renumbered and re-logo'd to
CN 2466.

Building the loco in LEGO was a challenge.  The CN logo was the most difficult
to get so it looked right and the final version fits, if not a bit large for
scale.  The entire loco is 100% LEGO although a warning to LEGO purists I did
trim the straws or technic flex system hoses to length.

The loco is 66 studs long and houses 4 train weights in the fuel tank (to lower
the center of gravity)

It was a lot of fun to build and for my first 8 wide I think it turned out OK.

After moderation

LMKWYT

Mike

To Mike ,
Your train looks Great !! So many great details and building ideas.
Are you going to Brickfest PDX ? I would love to see your train there.

I have almost finished my new steam train .It's a 10 wide and 86 long,this
includes the tender and all of the streamlined ferings. Sorry no pics yet.

Thanks, Teunis M>ltc