 Trains / 22352
Re: 8 wide GE C40-8W
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 00:14:56 GMT

Snippage

The area behind the cab on the right side as seen in this picture I linked too
below should be built much lower. There is a door from the rear of the cab on
the engineer's side that leads to the walkway. The left side of the locomotive
as you built it, which is much higher then the walkway, looks correct.

Deep Links
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/Trains/Locomotives/8wide/8wide02.jpg

Here is a picture of what most of the locomotives of this type look like on the
right side:

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/cr/cr757arv.jpg

This isn't to say it's not a great model mind you, I still think it's really
cool!

You are absolutely right.  I had a hard time finding images for the right side
of the loco.  For some reason all of the pics I found were of the left side and
I simply built the engine symetrical.  I'll have to to a rebuild in the future
but not right away.  As much fun as it was I was kind of tired of rebuilding it
near the end.  I'll make note of the link you gave me and make the changes later
on.  Thanks for the feedback and info.

Mike