 Trains / 22345
Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:41:00 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Lester Witter wrote:
If you ar going to "sacrifice" a motor for the wheels, why not use its power
pickups.

Sometimes my english, plays against me.....

My idea was to use the metallic wheels of the motor in a standard boggie, for
testing purposes, if this works, the following step was to make a copy of the
wheels with a lathe, but Larry and Dean make me notice that the wheels are
different. I never thought of using a motor box as source  of energy for the
cars because it is too expensive.

My next step, is to use the standard plastic wheels (from cars boggie) with a
collar (ring) over this, I hope this works.

Keep you posted.

Gustav