 Trains / 22372
Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:03:17 GMT

Forget 802.11 WiFi, just use Bluetooth for a job like this.
Have a bluetooth box somewhere on the layout and bluetooth inside the
carrages with small batteries.

Not that I know much about Bluetooth but what I have seen suggests its for
these small low-power jobs

On the other hand, knowing how large some train layouts get... :)