 Trains / 16363 (-100)
  Re: Whose Snowblower?

(...) Dear Jake, that is from Michel Brachmond. Although he is from Luxemburg he is a FGLTC member and has joined the FGLTC meetings 4 times so far (left hand in this picture). (URL) model is now built in 8-wide style but is based on a over 2 years (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Whose Snowblower?

Does anyone know whose terrific yellow snowblower/snowplow this is: (URL) would love to check out some more pics of this thing! Jake --- AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sumo-Train Competition

(...) This sounds absolutely hilarious. One suggestion I would have might be to have two crossovers so each competitor spent 1/2 of its time on the inside of the "oval" and 1/2 on the outside. My suspicion is that the crane boom swinging packs a lot (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New site

(...) I've added a couple of diagrams to help explain the cabling and put up an initial take of the centre pylon. Hope I achieved some clarity. Really need to get on the photography though. Ta Ta (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) If you don't have the time etc. to set it up at sourceforge, just email it to me and I will set it up. (...) A very long quite while. I was thiking the same thing myself on the weekend. (...) Like I said, just email it to me, and I will put it (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: BUGS display - first day a success.

(...) Great big congratulations guys. Richard Still baldly going... (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BUGS display - first day a success.

In lugnet.loc.au, Aaron Coghill writes: [snip] (...) [snip] This link to pictures of the exhibition, including the BUGS display was posted to the aus.rail.models newsgroup: (URL) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: remote point and decoupler

(...) from (...) sorry I don't have dat file but here how it is build: the motor have a 8 tooth gear that is driving the 1x4 linear gear that is mounted on a technic beam (16 stud for better performance), at one end, there is a 3x3 corner half beam (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New site

In lugnet.trains, Chuck Kabesh writes: <snip> Welcome! (...) the other tramway models done in the past? I had a question about the cabling, the pictures seem contradictory. Is the carrier cable actually threaded around those large pulley wheels or (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) It's been a while now, so I thought I'd check before I completely forget about this... Any progress on the license/hosting issue? Don (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  New site

While lurking, the past couple of years, I've been amazed at the quality, both of the engineering and the presentation, that exists in the community. So, after all this time, I reckon it's time to face the glare of publication. I've just started a (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: remote point and decoupler

(...) I remember several linear gear box designs - you must use that to keep it so compact as in your design. (...) ...I remember your design, Rick - I might have those steps printed out somewhere - I'll get back to you if I have something. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  BUGS display - first day a success.

The Brisbane (Australia) Lego Users Group or BUGS, are currently running there first lego display at the 25th Brisbane Miniture Train Show. Saturday was the first day with the show running hrought to Monday. We were a huge hit with the little kids (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: remote point and decoupler

(...) Some internal details would be most welcome. Very sleek looking. (...) If it was the little white shed with the red uncoupling point, that one was mine. I had instructions up, but unfortunately, lost the pics when my web host got bought out. (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of train show Fullerton CA 5/5/02

Damn that Skyscraper is fantastic, who built that? Love the curved sides... Nice layout well done everyone.. -- Jason King LugNet #665 Bob Fay <rfay@attbi.com> wrote in message news:Gvnn9H.Fuu@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: remote point and decoupler

An excellent design for that uncoupler, (sighs) I only wish I had the time to build trains with LEGO®. Oh well, DUPLO® will do just fine for me...-Harvey (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  remote point and decoupler

Hello, I just posted on brickshelf (URL) of the remote point and decoupler on my layout. I know there was a tread a few month ago but didn't had time to take part of the discussion. The point is base on a design I saw on the net (sorry I don't (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v layout with opperating possibilities

(...) that will be a good size layout, with a lot of possibility, like you wrote in other post, save space for buiding and other thing, what I do like with lego layout is the life that you can put in compare with traditional model railroad. Martin (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of train show Fullerton CA 5/5/02

(...) house under construction. were there any kid at that show? there is none on the picture. Martin (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of train show Fullerton CA 5/5/02

(...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Pictures of train show Fullerton CA 5/5/02

I posted some pictures of the SCLTC booth at the Fullerton CA train show 5/5/02. Warning;The pictures are large. (450kb) I will leave them up for about a week. (URL) Fay THE SHOP (URL) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  MOC Urban Train Station Building Instructions

I've finally finsihed this one... I was a lot of work getting these instructions build but I'm finally done. Some of you may have seen images of our Urban Train Station, well now you can build your own. See image of the real MOC here: (URL) click on (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: The philosophy of manual uncoupling

(...) Yes, it worked quite well. I remember that it is best to have the plunger hit the base of the car just above the magnet to work reliably (also works with the widest diversity of cars). I think all of my test were "bench tests" so I was using a (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The philosophy of manual uncoupling

(...) Encouraging words, Christopher. Did it actually work (magnets are quite strong!)? How did you provide power? 8w would of course make it easier to conceal within the loco body but I still think the only real benefit would be with remote or (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

For all you potential railfans out there, the Baldwin Centipede was purchased by only three railroads. Owners were Pennsy, Seaboard Air Line, and NdeM (National Railways of Mexico) UP had considered an order, but unfortunately declined. Interesting (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

(...) perhaps if he did the same idea with older 2x4 classic windows? (...) lol Ross had started a shark nose about 3 years ago using those gray inverted boat bases: (URL) , but he quickly tired of the project. Perhaps because the element locked (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

(...) Tag, Dirk- Here is simple drawing I found quickly of an F3 (the only basic difference between this and our F7s would be the number of portholes) which I used for an online comparison of my F7 with the 10020. It can give you an overall (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

Here's a better picture of a centipede which shows the strong cab window resemblance, at least to me: (URL) out all those wheels. Centipedes never wore warbonnet I don't think, Baldwin seems to have better penetration among eastern roads. Now if we (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Santa Fe 8 wide

Hi Matthias, I've used the 4x2x3 sloped window frame (2352). Both frames are connected by 1x2 tiles. I've used a hinge (2430) to mount it - thanks to Ben for this idea. Holger Matthes (homa) says that the nose is one stud too long. But I'm not (...) (22 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

(...) Very nice, Dirk! That window arrangment reminds me of a Baldwin "babyface". (URL) (that first pic is a Centipede but the cabwork is the same for the babyface...). I had trouble finding other pics but the babyface got its nickname because it (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

(...) Dear Mattias! I have seen the half built frond end of that engine at our FGLTC Lego meeting in Mülheim. Dirk has used the 2x4x3 sloped window frames from Lego Basic. In result he had to attach them only rotated in 1 direction (while it would (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

Hi Dirk Congratulation to an impressive 8-wide version of the F7 Diesel. The nose and the front window are the difficult parts to model - you have succeded very well. I wish you could explain how the front windows (which are standard train windows I (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The philosophy of manual uncoupling

(...) Jonathan, I tried this system a few years ago (1999-2000). I don't know if I ever posted pics but I tried two systems. One used a moter to push a 1x16 brick out the back of the engine. I used gear racks to move the plunger. I also tried this (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The philosophy of manual uncoupling

(...) Thanks Rick - the best ideas are always this simple. Automatic (remote) uncoupling can be effected by a trackside mechanism or an on-loco mechanism. There have been one or two AFOL-created designs for the trackside mechanism however I've never (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window

:) (...) This was the culmination of one of those slippery slopes you'd never have started out on, had you known the final destination and the cost ahead of time! Start with a cheapish Sears drill press. Add an x/y cross slide vise and use dremel (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Nice of you to say. And you reminded me, Brendan (since you were at BricksWest), that while Ross is in the proverbial spotlight here, I should post pics of the name badge he made for me for the name badge competition at BricksWest which I (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window

(...) I got that much from reading the thread. I was hoping that John might have some advice or tips for those of us who do not have access to a computer controlled milling machine. >> Mark << (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Taking monorails a step further

This link may interest some of you.... (URL) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window

<snip> (...) I think this pretty well sums up the process, quoting from Larry P. "They're JUST 1x2 bricks. It's not like he was cutting up monorail bases, people.... (oops, better not give him any ideas, he has a computer controlled milling machine (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

John & Ross- Wow! Wow! Wow! When I looked at the Brickself page with the capsule images, I first thought the engine pictures were reference images of real thing. It wasn't until I clicked to look at them full size that I realized they were LEGO. Vey (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window

(...) Would you mind elaborating on how you make your parts, tools used, etc? >> Mark << (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Lego Train Display May 4th & 5th Elgin, IL.

Just a note to let anyone in the Northern Illinois area know that I will be having a Lego train display setup this weekend, in conjunction with the 11th Annual Last Chicago CoCoFest. The show is for classic TRS-80 Color Computers, and isn't a train (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Thanks for the kind words, Ben! I suppose you'll forgive him for building 8 wide, because of his extensive use of SNOT? ;-) I told Ross that you are the "April Fool's guy from Germany" and he laughed-- he is an admirer of your MOCs as well! (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Thanks, James. It's really great (for me) to see you "pillars" say so:-) -John (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) High praise indeed, HoMa-- and it's 8 wide to boot, na ja? :-) It's good to hear from you and see that you are still lurking about-- I fear that you Deutschers are having too much fun in 1000Steine and have no time for the rest of us in (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Good for him! (start'em early:-) BTW-- it was good to meet your Ross at BricksWest! (...) The ones I took from that angle didn't turn out so hot. I'll have to take some more. (...) Ahem. As Lar pointed out, it *is* 8 wide. But as for his (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  50 ft railbox car

here is a design for a modern boxcar (URL) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Um, I think it IS 8 wide. Parental bad influence and all that. :-) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  The philosophy of manual uncoupling

Hello all, If you guys are like me, you are a bit frustrated with the practice of uncoupling train cars by grabbing one car in each hand and pulling them apart. Model railroaders call that the HOG [1] switcher. It is certainly unprototypical. While (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

Outstanding! Love the Loco. Congats to Ross. Now my Ross wants to build one too! 'Got any photos of the top? Is there an 8-wide version coming? {:^D Nice use of SNOT for the cab, and particularly the black macaroni for the boiler with handrail (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window

(...) You do remember how John got into trains, don't you James? IIRC it started when he *won* the very first Super Chief at BricksWest! You could say he entered the world of trains through the caboose;-) -John (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Timesaver Layout

Hello all, I would like to announce my version of John Allen's Timesaver railroad switching game. The folder is at: (URL) contains Rules, a track diagram, a materials list, and some useful information for setting up and running a Timesaver. My track (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window

(...) I wouldn't say "caught" about it. I'm really impressed. (...) Your modification is so good to make me look twice and really second guess what the heck that is. (...) Curious awnry folk. Hmmm... Welcome to trains! later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Trains are fun! (was Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window)

(...) Out of the mouths of babes... (...) Dire threats? Where? Who me??? They're JUST 1x2 bricks. It's not like he was cutting up monorail bases, people.... (oops, better not give him any ideas, he has a computer controlled milling machine and he's (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window

Oops, sorry. I forget that there's a "recent" browser. I had plunked these pics on brickshelf as a means of communicating them to someone specific. So yeah, you caught me. I make a lot of special parts - that certainly isn't a Lego brand train (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window

(...) Looks like two modified 1x2 bricks, not a 1x2x2 brick. You can make out a bit of a seam between the two bricks. Nice job on the modifications, though! JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window

(...) I'd say it's a 1x2x2 brick that has been routed out, but I don't recall that element coming in green-- curious and curiouser... Perhaps John has been hanging out with Tommy too long;-) -John (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Completed Models, Sun, & High Temps, and it's effects

Not sure where to post this so lugnet.general it will be. Cross-posting to lugnet.trains because I know a lot of train guys have shipped completed models to train shows. Cross-Posting to lugnet.lego in the chances that THEY (lego) might answer (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage, lugnet.trains)

  New to me 2x2 Green Window

What is the piece or pieces used for the greeen cab windows on this locomotive? (URL) I like to think that I can usually figure out element identification like this, but this has me stumped. I must be gettin' old.... or is it actually a custom (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: Life-size Thomas

(...) Well, I'd hope they'd look the same;-) (...) Cool! We were a little disappointed that ours was just for show. The guy says to me, "Eh, we hide the real engine in the back, the kids don't care if he's operational or not". Maybe so. It was (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: Life-size Thomas

(...) year (coming in June): (URL) engine is functional. -Rob. (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Pics: Life-size Thomas

Don't know all of the particulars about this Thomas, but he came to Minneapolis last weekend and the weekend before (snowed *both* weekends!) I do know that he is a dummy (a hard-working GP-7 pushed him around from the rear). Ross (my son) said that (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) first thumbnails for reference photos. I'm not normally one to comment on trains, as its not really my area of LEGO interest, but the sweetness of these MOCs transcends genres. Quite an accomplishment for young Ross. We will watch his career (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Santa Fe Super Chief Display Stand

Hello all, I've documented the Santa Fe Display Stand that was used for the wBay auction of the A00001 Santa Fe Super Chief. Here is an image of it: (URL) you can get the building instructions from here: (URL) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Santa Fe 8 wide

Hi! My version of an eight wide Santa Fe is online (URL) engines section. My Santa Fe on brickshelf: (URL) Meier "Rollingbricks" (22 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BrickFest TimeSaver Layout

Oops. Cool Tom, I mean. Rick C. (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BrickFest TimeSaver Layout

Cool Rob. I've been using a LEGO Timesaver that I designed and built for over a year now. It's a great game. Looks like your layout is very similar to what I came up with. I have a number of specifics that may help you if you want the game to be as (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: S@H "Special Edition" Catalog

About 12" high, 11" wide with a 9" by 8" insert Maybe everyone knows this already, but I noticed this: #10020 Santa Fe Super Chief* $39.99 *Does not include limited edition numbered tile or Certificate of Authenticity Constantine (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

Hi Ross and John! Great steam engine! Probably the steam Moc of the year 2002! While seeing the thumbnails at brickshelf I thought these are real pictures. Well done! It's ABS. I am fascinated and impressed. 1000grüße HoMa (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Thanks! I can at least take credit for the photos;-) (...) Yes. Actually, aside from the 0-6-0 and the current 4-6-2 MOC, they were done by an 11 year old;-) -John (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) No. Some were done when he was 10, or 11... The kid's got a lot of talent. No idea where he gets it from, though. :-) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) these were photos of an actual train that someone took so they could later build a model! Beautiful model, beautiful photos. I also like the cute little mini-train and the giant bricks and minifig. Were all of these the work of a 12-year-old? (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

This is exactly what happened to me!! Last night I followed the link, saw a bunch of reference photos and a yellow model, Clicked on yellow model, liked it but was confused because excitement was supposed to be over a steam engine (and Shaun was (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BrickFest TimeSaver Layout

(...) There is an online game available for those who wish to practice ahead of time, sans brick. The instructions are here (Nashville Music News?): (URL) the Operate link to play. -Rob. (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Cool! I'll have to pry him away from "the pile";-) -John (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Better start letting him read LUGNET(tm)... :-) it's there. Thanks!!! (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) I had an interesting issue with my connection this morning....:-p I'm sure Ross would be honored to have his MOC there. -John (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) and if you mail me a link to an image no wider than the train poster up there now. LMK. (I sent that in mail but got bounced) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

Wow indeed. I have a new criterion for a good train MOC: If you can't tell for sure from the thumbnail if it's the real thing or a MOC, it's a really good MOC! I also love the 3-wide! Peter (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Wow! That's how a steam engine has to look like! Ross has used some very clever building techniques and as aresult his engine catches the appearence of the real one very well. If you see this Pacific steam engine, you can easily forget about (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Well a good run on a layout test the limits of any train. I too have built a steam engine and have found that running the engine on a layout can find many unseen problems.One problem I ran into was that I didnt have enough play for the Up and (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) to your son. Fine work. (...) Looking forward to seeing them. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) In other forums we often question his loco motives. Dave! FUT ot.boundless-wit (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Ya, it's funny, you seem to get more steamed up elsewhere than here. (takin' a ride on the GD&R railway...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) lol Thanks, Shaun, you made Ross' night! He hadn't ever seen *your* steam locos, and I purposely didn't want to show him before he had completed his. After having poured over your pics on Brickshelf just now, he was *very* impressed himself (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Hey Dave, thanks for the kind words. Since the yet-to-be-revealed TCLTC layout utilizes only curve-straight-curve-straight turns (with the hopes that TLC is even now working on a gentler curve piece), Ross built only to that compatibility, (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Thanks and thanks again-- it's good to be back in .trains, where I should stay, if you get my drift;-) -John (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) reaction to seeing the pics of that engine. All I can say is that I am absolutely and unquestionably, undeniably and unarguably, completely amazed. And that's without processing the tender years of your son. This is an unbelievably gorgeous (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  New Town Planning information site

I recently completed work on the first few sections of a new website for "Planning and Building Lego Towns." (URL) sections are "Types and Styles of Lego Towns" "Tables and other Underpinnings" "Design Tools" Coming soon: "Designing your Town (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish, lugnet.announce) !

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Go ahead and brag, thats one nice looking steam engine. Its alittle hard to see all the details cause of the black bricks, but it realy captures the look. How well does it handle turns, and can it make it through a switch? Tell him to keep up (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Wow. Spotlighted. He's better than you are. ( :-) because that's high praise INDEED...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Electrifying standard trucks

Hi Rob, Answers to your questions: - I buy all my model railroad stuff from local hobby stores (SF Bay area). - The ones I used are different size than the Lego ones. Wheels are available in all kind of sizes. I think my green engine uses the (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Electrifying standard trucks

Are there any places online to get wheels like these Bachmann wheelsets? Are they the same size diameter as a Lego train wheel? Do you have part numbers? Would I be able to fit them into the same truck as regular train wheels? "David Wegmuller" (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Electrifying stardard trucks

Hi Rob, I've converted some LGB and Bachman G scale wheels for use on Lego tracks. You can see some pictures here: - This is an industrial locmotive in 1:20 scale (Technic figure scale, 30 inch gauge): (URL) This is an experiment, a solar powered (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Electrifying staNdard trucks

Ben made an engine working, see it on his pages: (URL) it works but not to well. BR Sonnich Rob Hendrix <rmhendrix@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GvB0yL.3t2@lugnet.com... (...) for (...) with (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: big spoked wheels

One of the sets numb4ered 252 also had 4 of these wheels. I think I've got about 40 by now. Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: big spoked wheels

Mike Walsh <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: Gv9A2A.L8p@lugnet.com... (...) from (...) See (...) as (...) not to forget set 395 from 1976 with white wheels and 329 from 1968 with red wheels. If you never had the chance to study (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

Actually, the picture was in a catalog in my local hobby shop. I looked for a few minutes today for some on the internet, but never really came up with anything. "John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:GvB0uH.3Jv@lugnet.com... (...) from (...) (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Electrifying staNdard trucks

(...) Were you going to include a URL for a picture of this? -John (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Electrifying staNdard trucks

oops...typo "Rob Hendrix" <rmhendrix@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GvB0Au.29s@lugnet.com... (...) finding/making (...) the (...) O (...) are (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact