 Trains / 16341
Re: The philosophy of manual uncoupling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2002 22:26:16 GMT

Jonathan Reynolds wrote:
Encouraging words, Christopher.

Did it actually work (magnets are quite strong!)? How did you provide power?

Yes, it worked quite well.  I remember that it is best to have the
plunger hit the base of the car just above the magnet to work reliably
(also works with the widest diversity of cars).  I think all of my test
were "bench tests" so I was using a 9v transformer to power the motor.

-chris