 Trains / 16338
Re: Santa Fe 8 wide
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2002 16:10:52 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Here's a better picture of a centipede which shows the strong cab window
resemblance, at least to me:

http://exotic.railfan.net/PRR%205823.htm

Good example, and I agree with you assessment.  His  windows are too high--
perhaps if he did the same idea with older 2x4 classic windows?

Check out all those wheels. Centipedes never wore warbonnet I don't think,
Baldwin seems to have better penetration among eastern roads.

Now if we can get someone to try their hand at a sharknose!

lol Ross had started a shark nose about 3 years ago using those gray inverted
boat bases:  http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=2626 , but he
quickly tired of the project.  Perhaps because the element locked him into 6
wide? ;-)

BTW, do you remember his Sante Fe warbonnet loco he had built around that
same time? (you saw it at our home)  I think it was only 6 wide; I wish I'd
taken some pics....

-John