 Trains / 16337
Re: Santa Fe 8 wide
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2002 15:58:08 GMT

Dirk Meier wrote:

Hi Matthias,

I've used the 4x2x3 sloped window frame (2352). Both frames are connected by
1x2 tiles.
I've used a hinge (2430) to mount it - thanks to Ben for this idea.

Holger Matthes (homa) says that the nose is one stud too long. But I'm not
really sure if this is true. Looking at all the photos I've seen it would be
then too short if I would remove one brick. But perhaps someone has a
construction plan?

Tag, Dirk-

Here is simple drawing I found quickly of an F3 (the only basic difference
between this and our F7s would be the number of portholes) which I used for an
online comparison of my F7 with the 10020.  It can give you an overall
impression of measurements:

I'm also proud of the solution with the front lamps and the rounded yellow
2x2 brick on top of the nose, which makes the model perfect.

It is a very fine model Dirk-- kudos to you!  In fact, your model actually made
me wonder whether I should change my vents in my red section to be red as you
did-- I can't decide which way I prefer (I'll probably end up just leaving it
as is *only* because it's less work;-)

-John