 Trains / 16334
Re: Santa Fe 8 wide
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2002 14:07:24 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Dirk Meier writes:
Hi!

My version of an eight wide Santa Fe is online

http://rollingbricks.tripod.com/intro.html

See engines section.

My Santa Fe on brickshelf:

Regards,

Dirk Meier
"Rollingbricks"

Very nice, Dirk!
That window arrangment reminds me of a Baldwin "babyface".
http://exotic.railfan.net/baldwinlocos.htm (that first pic is a Centipede
but the cabwork is the same for the babyface...). I had trouble finding
other pics but the babyface got its nickname because it had even larger and
droopier windshields than the F and E units did.

People have no doubt noticed that my standard response to F unit MOCs has
been "I like it and I think it looks like X" :-)...