 Trains / 16270
Re: Electrifying stardard trucks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 22:17:28 GMT

Hi Rob,
I've converted some LGB and Bachman G scale wheels for use on Lego tracks.
You can see some pictures here:
- This is an industrial locmotive in 1:20 scale (Technic figure scale, 30
inch gauge): http://www.wegmuller.org/lego/technic/index.html

- This is an experiment, a solar powered locmotive:
http://www.wegmuller.org/lego/idea/index.html

As you can see on these pictures, I haven't had time to build a power pick
up yet... Note that both solar powered and "extension cord" powered
locomotives do exist in real life...

I'm also working on converting the old 4.5V train motor to 9V. I've already
turned one brass replica of the old train wheel (I still have to make three
more). I then plan to modify one motor block to pickup power and then
connect two motors in series so they'll run happily at 9V. I'll publish some
pictures whenever I get some spare time :-)

Greetings,
David

In lugnet.trains, Rob Hendrix writes:
Has anyone made any progress on this?  I am in the process of finding/making
metal wheels (or a variation thereof) so I can power items directly from the
9v track without going through the standard motorized truck.  I have found O
gauge wheels (in picture) that look close to Lego size.  I am sure there are
a number of possibilities.  Has anyone already done this?

-Rob