 Trains / 16277
Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 01:59:14 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.announce.moc, John Neal writes:
Pardon me if I brag, but my 12 year old son, Ross, has recently
completed work on his latest MOC, a Pacific 4-6-2 steam engine, and it
is a beauty if I do say so myself!

Since he doesn't read or post on LUGNET, I'll provide some details.
First, I'd love to take some credit for having helped him build it, but
alas for me it is all his own work;-)  He built it from photos and a
schematic, and then test ran it to work out the bugs (of which there
were many, entailing many rebuilds; some from the ground up)--  he's
learning great lessons about design and functionality:-)

He's already designing some turn of the century box cars for it to
pull;  more on those as they begin to appear:-)

Wow. Spotlighted. He's better than you are. ( :-) because that's high praise
INDEED...)

Thanks and thanks again-- it's good to be back in .trains, where I should stay,
if you get my drift;-)

-John