 Trains / *7769 (-100)
  Re: Has anybody used the Duplo tunnel 2939 in a 9V layout?

(...) Neither LUGNet guide or Brickset show it. Is there a photo somewhere? SRC (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NALUG takes 2nd at Great Edmonton Train Show

Fantastic job, NALUG members! When do we get a show report? Size of layout, unique features, who participated, anecdotes, new ideas discussed...... dan parker PNLTC (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New Interurban/Trolley model, perfect for those downtown scenes

(...) Hi Lar, That looks good. Now that I am reinventing myself in 8-wide I keep thinking about revisiting my trolleys. Specifically, I keep thinking about making a two truck street car. The one thing that keeps holding me back are the size of the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dirty little secret (was Re: New Interurban/Trolley model, perfect for those downtown scenes

(...) problem with a dummy motor is that if the truck has 3 studs between the wheels then the bogie plate nub is of center. Chris (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dirty little secret (was Re: New Interurban/Trolley model, perfect for those downtown scenes

(...) Well I personally find this spacing quite frustrateing. So much so that I use 2 motors on the engines that I have designed so far because I just don't like the look of the dummy truck mixed with the motor truck. They just don't look right (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Dirty little secret (was Re: New Interurban/Trolley model, perfect for those downtown scenes

(soon to be fixed...) I set the auction time to 10 days because I have a dirty little secret! I haven't designed the dummy truck yet. I knew it would be easy to do and I was running out of time this weekend (1). So the LDraw instructions use two (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New Interurban/Trolley model, perfect for those downtown scenes

As some of you know, I loaned my "tribute to the PCC" streetcar to PNLTC for their record breaking run. It was visible in the line of rolling stock in the yard. Dan Parker was kind enough to send it (along with the rest of my rolling stock and over (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NALUG takes 2nd at Great Edmonton Train Show

(...) That same warning holds true with my batch, which is located here: (URL) mostly between 75k and 140k in size. And the movies are here: (URL) bigred_002, and viewfrmjjmp are huge files - around 5MB. The rest range from 120k to 688k. Any (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NALUG takes 2nd at Great Edmonton Train Show

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, James Brown writes: (some snippage) (...) I'm workin' on it, I'm workin' on it... URL will be posted in due course. In the meantime go enjoy JB's pics. Kevin. (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NALUG takes 2nd at Great Edmonton Train Show

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, James Brown forgets to cross-post: (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New Idea for Rail Ties

(...) My first preference would be 16 studs larger radius (which could then be set "parallel" to the smaller radius using the current turnout geometry). If they give us the 4.5V/12V turnout geometry, then we also want track with an 8 stud larger (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: More 4 Wides!

1st man: Did you hear about John? 2nd man: No, what happened? 1st man: Sigh...he's half the man he used to be. :-P Julie (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Demise of the Trains theme? (was: Re: New Idea for Rail Ties)

(...) Okay, here is what I'd do if LEGO stopped the trains line. James, since you are already considering "impure" solutions, what would you say to simply adopting "O" scale track and trucks? As you know, I have been building 14 wide trains which (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Idea for Rail Ties

I wouldnt mind seeing a "y" type points piece. (24 years ago, 24-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  More 4 Wides!

Here are a few more pics of some of my 4 wides. Notice the track on which they sit-- it's gray ladders laid end to end. The ladders work great because they are *exactly* HO gauge (the trucks *are* HO). It was my son's idea, so I told him I'd post (...) (24 years ago, 24-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains) !!

  MOC (Small) automated points with position sensor.

Hello, this automated point sports 1000+ cycles (175 msec switch time) without a glitch. It has to be controlled by an RCX, since it uses a switch to check point position (if the point is stuck, it will retry two times and then go in alarm mode). (...) (24 years ago, 24-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Idea for Rail Ties

(...) (Curved Turnout) (...) (Three Way Turnout) (...) -27.5% crossing. I'd like to see all of them too...but, my priority would be a larger curved track first. That's the set I'd LIKE lego to make, if not, I might start doing some more (...) (24 years ago, 24-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Idea for Rail Ties

(...) I agree with this wish list ans would like to add some more specific points : 1) whole english point (this is a point where you can go any way,straight through or deviate to an other track, used in real live in stations) for example see : (...) (24 years ago, 24-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anybody used the Duplo tunnel 2939 in a 9V layout?

(...) You know, I was looking at the Duplo trains (catalog is actually sitting next to me, and opened to that page). I think that they have improved the Duplo trains. I like the new one better than the old one. It has great accessories, another (...) (24 years ago, 24-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Idea for Rail Ties

(...) Just curious, what exactly do you think the problem is with the geometry of the points. Before you respond I'll say what I think it wrong, and what I think most people are complaining about. I think the problem is that the geometry is limited (...) (24 years ago, 24-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

"David Graham" <david@graham167.fre...rve.co.uk> wrote in message news:G1Cq31.D44@lugnet.com... (...) it, (...) A few weeks ago Frank Filz, Cary Clark and I met for lunch. With me I had a Y2K Swedish catalog for Frank that I had picked up on my (...) (24 years ago, 23-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Has anybody used the Duplo tunnel 2939 in a 9V layout?

I saw the Duplo tunnel today, I thaught a 9V train may just fit throught it, also it showed a picture of a track going over the top. Has any one tried it? It is a looks a bit childish, but it could be fun. David (24 years ago, 23-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New MTW item coming. Should it include figs?

MTW is close to releasing a new design. This one will be a set that COULD come with figs. *Should* it? I'm leaning toward yes, and I would populate it from my stocks and from stuff I am buying. None of the figs will be particularly rare, but they (...) (24 years ago, 23-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

  $$$ HOW MUCH? $$$

How much is a lot? How much is too much? How much is a good deal? How much would this MISB 118 will go for? (URL) one time opportunity??? I only wish I found it myself... If you look at: (URL) good ol'sets are pretty in demand! Let's have a contest: (...) (24 years ago, 23-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Idea for Rail Ties

(...) How to do this:(my thoughts) Have .5 M or 20 inch lengths (enough to cover 2 32x plates). Use a 1" or 2" fixed end at both ends, with a sliding fit into or over the flexable pieces. This would let you have (if you used 2" lenghts, 3" travel (...) (24 years ago, 23-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Idea for Rail Ties

(...) Prolly. <tie spacing> American practice is to have a rather weird spacing that varies from one tie to the next and which is spaced so that the average distance apart is such that it does not match anyone's stride walking or running. This is (...) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Idea for Rail Ties

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Larry Pieniazek (<G1AH3y.26F@lugnet.com>) wrote at 12:52:46 (...) Wouldn't it be nice if TLC made flexi track which came as rails and 2x8 sleepers that you threaded onto the rails. You could set your own spacing then, and if (...) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Idea for Rail Ties

(...) Prolly not high enough either. It would look better with 1x1 tiles on the outside instead of 1x2s. (...) The coloring is going to be a problem because if we make the ties dark gray, there will be no color distinction between bed and tie. That (...) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?

"Kevin Loch" <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message news:G18oAE.Drq@lugnet.com... snip (...) carpet, (...) belong (...) Actually, I am close to being fully reimbursed. Therefore, I would say that the Club also owns the tables. Is it time for more :) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New Idea for Rail Ties

(...) Kind of pretty. I see a few minor problems, though: - the underlayment of black doesn't go out far enough - track ties are never brown. (LGB got it wrong) They start out black and fade to a weathered grey over the years as the creosote leaches (...) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of my new train station - sneak preview of my new site

That's really nice. It reminds me of the wonderful town buildings in idea book 6000: (URL) Buiting <frank.buiting@infopulse.nl> wrote in message news:G0xv2K.H5J@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Station Project: Prelim Photos

(...) This is the coolest train station I have ever seen. Very nice! I can't wait to see the finished model. KL (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Station Project: Prelim Photos

WOW! Even in its early stages, that is the coolest train station I've seen in a long time! I've always wanted to do a station with a big, arched roof like that, but I never got around to it. Your train looks great as well! Do you have more shots of (...) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Idea for Rail Ties

Now that looks REALLY good. Gulps down quite a few tiles though. There might also be call for light grey tiles, for those who wish to model concrete ties. And black ones, for heavily-creosoted wood ties. And and and :) Let's hear it for bulk (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Engine noise

(...) Thanks Ben Where exactly do I put the oil ? I can open up the box and see the motor and the cogs..... Michael Pratt (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New Idea for Rail Ties

Check this out: (URL) have come up with an idea to heighten the realism of the LEGO 9 volt track. First, I laid down a 10 wide row of black plates. Then I laid down the track. I next filled in the gaps in the track with dark gray 2x4 plates on the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Train Station Project: Prelim Photos

One of my largest project endeavors is not near completion, but, I thought it might be interesting to display a bit of my LEGO work environment, as well as this work in progress. It is likely my largest attempted creation to date. Photos at the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?

  Re: First Thomas? (wasRe: Has anyone tried building...

(...) The GMLTC Thomas in question was my design that I built sometime in '96, years before I knew about AFOLs or the guys in the GMLTC for that matter. My son was 7 and absolutely ga-ga over Thomas, and when the Blue Fury came out with its blue (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Do these LEGO Windows exist???

(...) Good God Frank, this must have taken you a lot of time! Thanks for the update. I think that with CA windows, only the 1x6x2 shuttered window had more than 2 versions. All other CA windows had only 2 styles - the 1957 version, and the 1958-64 (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?

(...) activity (...) itself (...) to (...) see (...) collections (...) WAMALUG labels baseplates and track. We haven't had to tag minifigs yet because most people populate their own mocs, and I have enough to populate downtown. We've done very well (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?

(...) Larry brings up an interesting possibility and one I hope NELUG has a chance to try and work out ;-). That not being the case yet though NELUG is basically bring what you got leave with the same type setup. Buildings and other Moc's are easy. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?

PNLTC has a small $10/year dues. This covers incidentals for shows. We have also purchased some sets and bins for the Kids Area, but most of that comes from the few buck we get paid by the shows. As for mixing track we have used two methods. The (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  9V train speed controller for powering a code pilot?

Hello everybody, Has anyone ever tried using a 9V train speed controller for powering a code pilot? I'd like to use this setup to in order to create little programs for a 9V train. Any experiences or thoughts? I would be grateful if you'd let me (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?

(...) this? (...) the (...) is (...) Chris, Great question! Down here in Florida most of the GFLTC members own there section(s) of display cabinets and the contents. For example in the upcoming H & R train show we will have 5 members displaying and (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: First Thomas? (wasRe: Has anyone tried building...

Has anyone ever done annie and clarabell? I would like to see someone try that. (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?

(...) I have been thinking about it because I have been thinking about (distant future thinking about) trying to establish a LEGO club at Tulane (TULUG?). One would think that a university would be a pretty good place for a LEGO club. I am somewhat (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: First Thomas? (wasRe: Has anyone tried building...

(...) I think GMLTC may predate you a bit but it's going to be hard to dispute, those guys were terrible at taking any pics of anything back then. However I do recall them saying that theirs had been around for several years when I first saw it in (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My elevated aquazone train system

I started Aquazone so I wouldn't need such a wide color variety of parts. However, now I really like it. I may continue building even when I have my full color assortment available again. My previous theme, town, seems a bit boring in comparison. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?

(...) GMLTC and WAMALUG reps have already described the two main modes, "one person plus", and "pooled with ownership known". At some point, perhaps, someday, some club will come into significant funds via some windfall or major activity to raise (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Handling "Kid play areas" on layouts

(...) So when you say K-8 you mean a K-8 sized box filled with random bricks. I should clarify what I said. I was a factory slob (material handler), so when I mean stored I mean that the bricks get molded placed in a box, and then the box is emptied (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: My elevated aquazone train system

I love your new buildings and an RCX train? WOW! You have almost made me want to make something aquazone in ldraw myself. (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

Frank Filz wrote in message ... (...) Ok, more details, in table form (sorry, this will look horrible in the web view - click on "view raw message" to see in monospaced, I went hogwild here, all types of classic windows except the tiny ones are (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  My elevated aquazone train system

This is an Aquazone-themed train system driven by an RCX. Here is the link: (URL) included additional technical descriptions, and pictures of the buildings attached to the track on the web page. Comments are appreciated. Brad (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build) !

  Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?

(...) the way we do it is: most of the buildings and large structures are built beforehand... buildings, shops, bridges, trains, etc... trains of the same or very similar types are marked somehow.. either say.. a missing plate/grill/tile off the (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Freight Loading Station

They're gone. When I called for the Specials, they were out. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Modelling boolean gates with trains

(...) For those of a mathematical disposition, I vaguely remember an article on the subject of building computing logics out of train tracks in 'Eureka' (the annual journal of the Cambridge University undergraduate math society, the Archimedeans) a (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.edu, lugnet.trains)

Gary Istok wrote in message <39C8E8CA.3F45BE76@u...ch.edu>... (...) My 2 are glassless, don't have protruding sills, but do have little bumps to hold glass in. My one white one is the same. My red ones include 1 like that, but with glass, and one (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?

(...) That's a good question. At the GMLTC, 99% of the bricks are owned by 1 guy, Conan, and we just play with his bricks. Since many of us have our own large collections, sometimes people bring their own MOCs to shows and they remain separate. (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Handling "Kid play areas" on layouts

(...) was (...) These days, the playtables are usually stocked with K-8s that have been filled with parts from semi-recent sets. They don't seem to be complete sets, so I don't know if they are damaged sets, end of run leftovers, or what. Frank (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Handling "Kid play areas" on layouts

Just a reminder that I never read that email account anymore, just been too lazy to change my account here. K8 is roughly 24 inches by 18 inches by about 36 inches. LEGO was moving to a plastic bin for storage internally when I left. I'll have to (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Handling "Kid play areas" on layouts

(...) If you live near a LEGO store/imagination center/park ask the manager to loan you a K8 for the show. They keep a couple of them around to stock the play table in the store and for special events. Another alternative is to ask Lego Direct (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Handling "Kid play areas" on layouts

(...) Besides being a box size that LEGO uses to store bricks (as I remember it, not that many bricks styles were actually stored in the K-8 size boxes, but that was 10 years ago) what is a K-8? Thanks, Chris (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?

After looking at WAMALUG's most recent pictures I wondered who owned burp mountain? Does a member own it (no I am not looking for a name) or is it property of WAMALUG. A more general question is how do most groups handle this? I always assumed that (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Early look at LEGO Arch

Here’s some early development photos of my arch: (URL) intend to use this principal (developed with help from my AFOL/Engineer brother Dallas) to make models of bridges and other StRuCtures, and sell them as BrickSmith kits. (Assuming I’m invited (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Do these LEGO Windows exist???

(...) Thanks Ben, I guess Frank is busy right now. :-) I also have some of the 1x2x1 and 1x1x2 windows in red or white without the glass (some are in mint condition). Most of these are from Germany. Were these always supposed to have the glass? If (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do these LEGO Windows exist???

(...) [snip] (...) windows (1x1x1, 1x2x1, (...) population in (...) to make further (...) matter!!!!!). (...) window sills. Same with my approximated 20 yellow 1x1x1 windows also. (...) have window sills (...) train sets. I have just one with sill, (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Freight Loading Station

Hello All, I was just informed by the Lego Shop at Home Service that they are trying to get rid of their remaining 4555 sets. This is the big freight loading station. Granted its not on sale ($65.99), but for those of us who have been looking for (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Do these LEGO Windows exist???

(...) Hey Frank, I know that you 've been hoarding those small yellow classic windows (1x1x1, 1x2x1, 1x1x2). Can you give me a breakdown of the ones you have, and their type. My population in these is not as big as I would like (never is), but they (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Modelling boolean gates with trains

(...) If NOT is reversing direction, than 1 is forward and 0 is back. (Or the other way around; whatever.) But I'd be curious to hear how you envision more complicated logic! (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.edu, lugnet.trains)

  First Thomas? (wasRe: Has anyone tried building...

In early 1997, I designed a LEGO Thomas tTE and compliment of freightcars at the request of my daughter. It was the first TtTE of which I am aware. I later sent original sketches regarding construction to Matt Bates, who modified these slightly to (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Modelling boolean gates with trains

Okay, this might be totally impossible (or insane or banal), but has anyone modelled boolean functions on a train layout (System or Duplo)? At the moment I'm thinking "train on the line"=1, "not on the line"=0. NOT could be done by reversing the (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.edu, lugnet.trains)

  9V train switch

Hello! Came up with a switch thingy this morning that may interest you. I used a touch sensor brick on a 9V train track which is pressed by the “Electric Train Motor 9V Decorative Side” [2871.dat] when the train engine passes it (if you don’t (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Engine noise

(...) Yes, last year I got set 183 still sealed in box and after bringing it to work the engine made a terrible noise too. Just a (small) drop of fine oil has healed it. That should work with your motor too. Regards, Ben (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Handling "Kid play areas" on layouts

(...) I'd guess you'd contact an employee of TLC, probably in the LEGO Direct unit, and make a request. Steve (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Looking for AFOL's in the St. Louis, MO USA area

I or we are looking for a few good AFOL’s in the St. Louis MO area to help on a train layout for The GATS Show on 26 Nov. in Collinsville IL (Although it might be to late), but the NMRA’s annual show is next year in St. Louis. Any interested can (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Handling "Kid play areas" on layouts

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:39C77BDA.4287@m...ing.com... (...) So has anyone figured out a way to have LEGO donate (or loan) a K-8 to support a LEGO exhibit at a train show? Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Beyer-Garrett 4-8-4-4-8-4 Sudan

(...) Hey Rocket Boy, take another look at the Brickshelf(tm) pics... :-) In one of them the model is sitting on top of a proto photo of a similar configuration unit. So I am going to go with "Yes, Stacy has proto-photos from which Stacy is (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  8wide crane (was Re: My modified 4552 crane)

(...) thanks! (...) I've been holding off on the trucks as much as i can, I've only recently found pics of ones where the trucks are visible. (...) I plan of getting some more strands into it. I think the most I can reasonably get into it is going (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Beyer-Garrett 4-8-4-4-8-4 Sudan

(...) book chocked full of Garratt information? The title is 'The Garratt Locomotive'(1969), and it's written by A.E. Durrant. I purchased the book through Ron's Books (email is ronsbooks@aol.com). Good luck Garratt fans on finding this rare bird. (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Beyer-Garrett 4-8-4-4-8-4 Sudan

Looks like you beat me to it. But its great to finally see one. Great work! We have been talking about these for a couple years in PNLTC but no one has tried it to date. I just started working on one since G2K but haven't posted yet. My biggest (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Beyer-Garrett 4-8-4-4-8-4 Sudan

(...) things (...) comments (...) squatted (...) typically (...) The white wheels will go away. They are just temps. I have some small gray spoked wheels from the new dino-adventurers sets. I just have a little suspension issue to take care of (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Handling "Kid play areas" on layouts

(...) Another thing to do is if a kid gets abandoned for very long is to get the show staff (if you are displaying at a regular show) involved. It should not be the responsibility of vendors and demonstrators to police this. (...) That of course is (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Handling "Kid play areas" on layouts

(...) A loan of a K-8 would be a great way to stock a KRR. All you'd have to add then would be track, a few train motors, some train wheels and some couplers, and possibly some large plates. I would assume one would pre-stock the KRR with some (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Beyer-Garrett 4-8-4-4-8-4 Sudan

(...) Impressive, Stacy. I am not that familiar with this type; do you have any proto-photos from which you are working? (...) Brace yourself if Dan Siskind ever gets around to converting his Big Boy to 8 wide:-) (although his 8 wide Dash 9 is (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do these LEGO Windows exist???

(...) Boy Frank you sure did "open up a can of worms"....... I checked last night. I have about 130 of the red 1x6x2 shuttered windows. And I checked each and every one. And guess what. There are 6 (!!!!) varieties to this window. All of them can (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Beyer-Garrett 4-8-4-4-8-4 Sudan

(...) so cool. Nice work so far, but I think that the white wheels are out of place. Maybe black tiny train wheels, or if those are too small, maybe some black 12/4.5v wheels would look better. Anyway, I cannot wait to see the finished product. Boy (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone tried building a Thomas?

I know this is an old thread... I saw this on the Thomas web site: "Historical Note Thomas is based on the London Brighton and South Coast Railway 0-6-0 E2 with extended side tanks." -- -Rob. ===...=== New sets and parts for sale or trade: (URL) A" (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Beyer-Garrett 4-8-4-4-8-4 Sudan

(...) comments: The firebox looks too small, and the boiler should be more squatted down. They go out to the loading gauge, and are as short as possible typically on a garrett. I'm not sure, but this one is modeled on a EAR one? James (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My modified 4552 crane

(...) c/they sit on/sitting on them/ ++Lar (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My modified 4552 crane

(...) your post... (...) The trucks need to be massive. So does the frame they sit on. Think 6 wheel and a fishbelly frame. The frame can be longer than your current version, I think. The trucks can be long enough to allow for some center (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Beyer-Garrett 4-8-4-4-8-4 Sudan

Stacy: What a nice steamer it is!! Great job !! I really like this green & black monster. (...) Yes she needs some detailing, especially on her boiler. What kind of detailing are you gonna work on ? (...) Yes !! Thank you Stacy for your great (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Beyer-Garrett 4-8-4-4-8-4 Sudan

I have posted a few pictures on Brickshelf.com of the Beyer-Garrett that I have been building. It is still in Design Development, there are a few things I still need to work on, mostly detailing. But, I thought I would give you all a look-see since (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My modified 4552 crane

(...) Harvey, Nice one... I like the 2 extra axles. I did same kind of thing with my crane, but I got all the red out and added more yellow:) See Ya... Robin (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WAMALTC Pictures from Greenberg Show, Upper Marlboro, MD

Great work! Love the car show room and the Yellow/Gray Gas station. Cool layout! Build on... Robin W GFLTC (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: WAMALTC Pictures from Greenberg Show, Upper Marlboro, MD

In lugnet.general, Dan Boger writes: <snip> (...) I wouldn't mind bigger pictures..of course bandwidth gets to be a problem for some (I currently have DSL and am getting over 100k/sec from your site..that's awesome). I would love to see more (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My modified 4552 crane

Harvey- nice crane! I missed the 4552 by about 20 minutes when the last was sold out from s@h :( I've been working on my own crane as of late: (URL) modeled after an Erie-Lackawanna Industrial Brownhoist(one rebuilt as a diesel(1) for that matter). (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do these LEGO Windows exist???

(...) Frank, You shouldn't have too much trouble telling ASB from CA as far as the red windows go. The white ones are a little harder to tell, but just look for a little warpage. When I get home tonight, I will be checking all my 1x6x3 classic (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Engine noise

I have a 4.5 v train motor which has developped a loud screaming noise when in use. No minifigs trapped inside, but joking apart I can't see anything obvious. Has anyone ever experienced anything similar ???? Michael Pratt (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WAMALTC Pictures from Greenberg Show, Upper Marlboro, MD

Thanks for posting all the photos. Love'd 'em all. Thanks for taking the time to post them. later, James Mathis (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact