 Trains / Train Organizations / 686
685  |  687
Subject:
Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 18:16:09 GMT

  After looking at WAMALUG's most recent pictures I wondered who owned burp
mountain? Does a member own it (no I am not looking for a name) or is it
property of WAMALUG. A more general question is how do most groups handle this?
I always assumed that there were club dues, clubs would buy stuff, and the
structures made from those things are Club property. Anything built by an
individual from that individual's collection could be part of a layout, but the
item would remain the individual's property. Is that how most clubs do it, or is
everything privately owned, and the club acts as a place to find trading
partners or people with whom one can split sets (I want these parts. You want
those parts. Cool, everyone is happy.)
  Anyway, I was just curious about the internal workings of the clubs.

Thanks,
Chris

--
PGP public key available upon request.