 Trains / Train Organizations / 692
Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 23:06:02 GMT

  After looking at WAMALUG's most recent pictures I wondered who owned burp
mountain? Does a member own it (no I am not looking for a name) or is it
property of WAMALUG. A more general question is how do most groups handle this?
I always assumed that there were club dues, clubs would buy stuff, and the
structures made from those things are Club property. Anything built by an
individual from that individual's collection could be part of a layout, but the
item would remain the individual's property. Is that how most clubs do it, or is
everything privately owned, and the club acts as a place to find trading
partners or people with whom one can split sets (I want these parts. You want
those parts. Cool, everyone is happy.)
  Anyway, I was just curious about the internal workings of the clubs.

the way we do it is:  most of the buildings and large structures are built
beforehand... buildings, shops, bridges, trains, etc... trains of the same or
very similar types are marked somehow.. either say.. a missing plate/grill/tile
off the top, or an extra or perhaps some tape on the bottom.  Baseplates are for
the most part marked on the bottom either with marker (cringe) or with tape
(yay) or labels (also yay)... or if they are unmarked, they probably belong to
only one person...

track is marked, again with marker or tape or unmarked track belongs to one
person.  or counted and recounted, then counted again.

figs either belong to one person, belong to the structure or vehicle (marked) or
have paper stuffed inside them...

we dont' have club brick... too hard to figure out who gets to play with
it... until we get some sort of warehouse where we can go play whenever we want
:)  muahahah...