 Trains / Train Organizations / 694
Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 01:58:34 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Christopher Masi writes:

Anyway, I was just curious about the internal workings of the clubs.

GMLTC and WAMALUG reps have already described the two main modes, "one person
plus", and "pooled with ownership known". At some point, perhaps, someday,
some club will come into significant funds via some windfall or major activity
to raise funds. At that point a third mode will arise in which the club itself
owns significant bricks.

At this time that hasn't come to pass, at least as far as we know. I think it
would take a major independent fundraising activity for it to happen as I
can't see a club charging large dues in order to fund a brick collection, too
many of us are stretched to the limit funding our own habits.

If and when it does, it will be very interesting sociologically to see what
processess evolve around decisions as to what to buy, how to maintain, where
to keep, and so forth.

Interesting question, though.

++Lar