 Trains / Train Organizations / 696
Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 03:17:30 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Christopher Masi writes:
After looking at WAMALUG's most recent pictures I wondered who owned burp
mountain? Does a member own it (no I am not looking for a name) or is it
property of WAMALUG. A more general question is how do most groups handle • this?
I always assumed that there were club dues, clubs would buy stuff, and the
structures made from those things are Club property. Anything built by an
individual from that individual's collection could be part of a layout, but • the
item would remain the individual's property. Is that how most clubs do it, or • is
everything privately owned, and the club acts as a place to find trading
partners or people with whom one can split sets (I want these parts. You want
those parts. Cool, everyone is happy.)
Anyway, I was just curious about the internal workings of the clubs.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris,

Great question! Down here in Florida most of the GFLTC members own there
section(s) of display cabinets and the contents. For example in the upcoming
H & R train show we will have 5 members displaying and 6 cabinet sections. The
first three members have there own sections, I have 3 sections and the 5th
member will use half of one of my sections for this show. The tracks are
linked, section to section and we take turns running our trains thought all
the sections.

Build on...
Robin W
Greater Florida LEGO Train Club