 Trains / 7468
7467  |  7469
Subject:
Dirty little secret (was Re: New Interurban/Trolley model, perfect for those downtown scenes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:33:57 GMT

(soon to be fixed...)

I set the auction time to 10 days because I have a dirty little secret!

I haven't designed the dummy truck yet. I knew it would be easy to do and I
was running out of time this weekend (1). So the LDraw instructions use two
motors as a placeholder, and the actual photos use a placeholder dummy truck
that I pulled off the yellow roof PNLTC veteran. That truck uses 1x1 cylinder
bricks, I want to use black minifig heads ala the metroliner and croc (since
the Sith(tm) comes with 3, I have a good source of them and can use them. At
the time I did the yellowroof, they were a fairly rare commodity (2)).

The dummy truck has a feature that I do want to mimic, a 4 stud spacing
between the two wheelsets instead of 3 like the Metroliner truck uses, and yet
it has a centered cylinder/(minifig head).

I personally think 4 stud spacing is closer (by a hair) to the motor truck
spacing (which is somewhere between 3 and 4, for some strange reason I never
did determine. Anyone know why or have an entertaining speculation?

1 - you can see I posted at 4 AM in the morning !! I am going to regret that
later today if I have to fly to Birmingham AL like I think I do.

2 - I had only bought 1 Sith at that point, believe it or not. Now I think I
have 30 or 40, not exactly sure. We just parted out 25 or so over the weekend.

++Lar